Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where does everyone buy their service parts from?

IS 250 Auto 2007

I bought a bulk pack of oil filters a while ago and need to get some in before I do the next service. Oil filter and drain plug washer. Will be replacing the brake fluid and cabin filter also. Will be looking to do plugs next year (or late this year) at 100k although there's no sign they need replacing - I may do them in the summer while the weathers good (or not?!)

I am ok for oil and air filter.

I get most oif my stuff from eBay. I use K&N oil filters, whatever is cheapest for air and pollen filters and Dexos2 oil, brake fluid - ATE from CarParts4Less. Diff oil - Redline from Demon Tweeks.

I haven't bought plugs, but there's an eBay seller in USA does them at a good price. I got a job lot of drain plug washers from a company in Congleton - sorry, can't just remember the name.

brake discs - MTEC, pads Redstuff (but I'll be getting YellowStuff next time) for the front. Rear I just use ordinary EBC spec 90 or whatever they are called.

Think that's most of it!

Thanks John

Never actually considered the diff oil - is it worth doing at 90k. Not sure when it would have been done before, if at all, certainly not after 70k when I bought the car

I've seen various change intervals recommended - 15K, 25K, 60K miles. I intend to do it at more or less 60K - not quite there yet. I'm not sure if Lexus actually include it in their schedules - but then, they seem to miss various things.

When I've bought cars in the past which haven't had it done, the old oil comes out looking like treacle. But I think 60K or 10 years if it's lowish mileage (and I am almost there) is probably OK.

Lexus specify genuine Toyota GL5 75W85 - I'd probably use Redline 75W85 'cos I like Redline transmission oils.

I think I will look to do this change with the service. Bought the car at 70k and its almost at 91k and I cant be sure its been changed. Cant do any harm.

Will need to look for a how to somewhere.

Diff locations

I have indicated below the diff drain plug circles in the first picture - pretty obvious I think as it will drain easy and below that the image of the filling plug circles. These diffs are the type that drain and not the type you need to manually suck the fluid out of?

Diff drain plug.jpg

Diff oil fill hole.jpg

Do either of these require a fibre washer like the engine oil drain plug does. Also, When filling do I need to stop when fluid starts to come out of the fill hole?

I can only go by the workshop manual at this point. It doesn't mention draining, but the filler plug does require a (new) 'gasket' (washer) and the torque setting is 36ft lbs. The correct oil level is 0 to 5mm below the filler hole. The capacity is given as 1.1 to 1.2 litres.

I'm sure that if you remove the drain plug it will drain by itself and as the drain plug looks pretty much the same as the filler I'd use a new washer and torque to the same spec.

Always undo the filler first (to make sure you can!)

I'd guess generic washers as supplied by any accessory shop will suffice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links