Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing rear lamps and grill 2010 IS220D

remyhre

Thinking of changing my rear lamos to LED ones that has the is300h look, and change the upper front grill. But have read that there is a difference on both the grill and rear lights on the 09-10 model, so 06-08 won't fit. Can anyone tell me if this is true, and maybe give me pointers on where to get some that fits?

Cheers

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

Lets first clarify what you want to do as it sounds like a bit of mixed up for me.

You want to change Pre-Face (2005-08) lift IS220D rear lamps with IS 300h (lookalike chinsese) rear lamps - I guess something like that? - -font-b-Lexus-b-font-IS250-font-b-IS300-

If so there should be no difference whenever it is Pre-Face lift or Post-face lift mode (09+). That is true - Post-Face lift model has different style rear lights, but that has no difference if you planning to use aftermarket ones - check with supplier if the wire harness is provided at all. Usually, rear lights are plug and play, only the front ones are tricky ( I guess the difference you referring to was about Fronts not Rears). You cannot use IS 300h lamps thought  as IS 300 is 3rd generation and has completely different shape.

Regarding the front grille, yes it's slightly different on 09-10 cars. So is the bumper.

If your profile info is correct (2010 car), you could fit the mesh-style grille that comes on an F-Sport model for a subtle upgrade. The part number is 53112-53220 if you fancy trying to get a price on one from a Lexus dealer.

You can probably find a replica or something similar on eBay etc as well, but the point remains that a grille designated for an early model, won't fit a facelifted car, unless you also fit the corresponding bumper too.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. My car is a 2010 IS220D. The IS200D started in 2011. I was looking for the rear lights you posted Linas.P but the prices on those on fleabay are mental (500$).

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk

Rear lamp conversion prices are mental.. that is the reason why I left mine "as is". No matter which option you take. I personally wanted original "facelifted" lamps, which are ~£600, the fake looking Chinese or the ones completely custom are the cheapest option ~£300. And there is as well option of "ISF" lamps (white indicators) which are like £400 (OEM) and £200 (fake) for outer bits only (the ones on the boot lid are the same anyway).

So to conclude $500 (£300) is the correct starting price - you won't get them any cheaper. Personally, I have though this is too expensive for such small modification and left it alone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links