Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I have yesterday updated my sat nav at Lexus Sheffield it cost £128 this was for the digital key the maps were free well thats what they said

and can only be done by dealer seems a lot for a Digital number

However its all working ok i cant quite put my finger on it but the display looks a bit more vibrant maybe i am imagining it i dont know but there is a subtle change

Also voice volume is a bit louder

That is interesting, KayCee. I've been waiting for the latest map data for Europe (UK in particular) to be released. I was told by the garage that it was February but I've delayed updating since the Lexus Portal for my model (2012 (Mk 4) GS 450h Premier) suggests that the most recent update was on 2015-05-1. I've assumed that my navigation system is "EMVN (11HDD)" rather than "08 Hard disk drive". Would you be kind enough to advise me what navigation system you are using and the map version date, please. When I do update I'll let you know about vibrancy and volume. You don't suppose that you are feeling euphoric for some reason and this had affected your perception?

Hi B

I got the information from the  Map Data button and said it was 2009/2010 i did contact the gent who was the original owner who said he hardly used the sat nav so i too checked on the Lexus Portal and it said I was due a free upgrade. I did register my car which is a November 2010 Gs450 SE L but no matter how i tried i could not get any further with it . I did get all the instructions to download it and install it but the site would not recognise the info that it had asked for date etc.

With that i went to dealer Storeman said would be new one out in November but they are now updating every year so my thinking was i dont upgrade every year anyway and as it was 2010 i said i will upgrade now he then said you need a digital key 120 or there abouts but i can knock 20% off but the maps are free ( I know it dont make sense to me) So the lad booked it in there and then it took about 30 min total bill was 128  the  key was 107 maps FOC and installing FOC so in total £ 127.80 as to my system I am not sure if it is EMVN 11 or what i just know it an HDD system I cant seem to find the info in the book.

11 hours ago, Lexus4Me? said:

That is interesting, KayCee. I've been waiting for the latest map data for Europe (UK in particular) to be released. I was told by the garage that it was February but I've delayed updating since the Lexus Portal for my model (2012 (Mk 4) GS 450h Premier) suggests that the most recent update was on 2015-05-1. I've assumed that my navigation system is "EMVN (11HDD)" rather than "08 Hard disk drive". Would you be kind enough to advise me what navigation system you are using and the map version date, please. When I do update I'll let you know about vibrancy and volume. You don't suppose that you are feeling euphoric for some reason and this had affected your perception?

So in conclusion as i have only had the car since March so maybe i was feeling euphoric but i do feel that the display looks subtely better but as i am getting on in years it may just be me.

My Map data is now 2015/2016 ver 2

cddb ver 01727

The Part no on Invoice is LPZ445-HL330-00

Hope that helps

Robert

Thank you for that Robert. A very thorough reply indeed.

When I checked the Lexus Portal your map data (2015/2016 ver 2) matches that for the 08 HDD system on the GS450h. I think mine is the EMVN (11 HDD) so the updates will, presumably be different. 

When I bought the car last November I understood, apparently mistakenly, that it would have the maps updated. When I realised, earlier this year, that they were still the original 2012 versions I contacted Lexus Leicester from whom I bought the car and have negotiated the update for about £80 (half price because of the misunderstanding). They told me that the latest version was Feb 2016 but because this differed from the (May 2015) details on the Lexus portal I deferred assuming that the updates would be yearly but here we are in June and the portal still claims May 2015 as the latest version. I await some further information.

I hope you get on well with your GS. I'm still getting used to mine. I'm much more familiar with cars that are a bit rough and in my GS I feel I should be wearing a peaked cap sitting in the front while the real owner sits sedately in the back! I like the calm female voice on the car navigation but I don't find it as intuitive as Google maps on my phone. My girlfriend can usually sort out navigation on her phone before I've got the Lexus nav sorted out but that could be a bit of lack of experience.

Had I got the earlier GS like yours I think I would have invested in the Vaistech equipment which apparently permits one to mirror one's mobile phone screen on the Lexus screen and control the phone from the remote or touchscreen in the car. Seems then one can have the latest Google maps for free. Sadly it won't work on the Mk 4 model I have (or rather what they sell for the Mk4 only provides the ability to programme the Navigation system or play a video with the car moving. UK models already permit the former and I've no intention of watching videos while I drive (My car does permit me to listen to them when in motion but I need to park to view them).

Thanks again and happy motoring.

Barry

• Like 1

Barry

I updated from the GS300 so the learning curve was not too bad I had that car for 4 years and was a fabulous motor car only problem i had was a leaklng shock at the front so had to replace both.

I looked longily at the 450 but couldnt justify the cost then this popped up at the right price and i just had to have it and have not regretted one  minute riding round in near silence is bliss

Lovely motor car

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links