Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF Dyno Thread

Thought I would start this as a repository for all things dyno on our beloved ISF's. As there are more F's finding their way onto the dyno I thought it worth starting to collect as much data as possible to help others and to broaden the knowledge for owners and for dyno operators. I will put my first round of dyno results on with a description of how it was acheived. Please join in...

I know we have a group of 3 other members heading to the dyno this weekend so will be great to see them

Location / operator - RGS Motorsport

Dyno manufacturer - Dyno Dynamics

Dyno setup - Shoot out 8, calibrated and tweaked for some time to ensure all the correction factors for gearing, run down, gearbox type, AFR calibration etc. were at accurate as possible, this took nearly the first hour. Low velocity cooling fan. Ambient air 25 deg C

Car Setup - Car run in 4th gear, sports mode,manual, full TC system disabled. Bonnet down, engine cover on. Tyres set at 44psi.

Highest reading - 406.9BHP completely standard car.

Dyno 06062016.jpg

• Like 2

Are your figures WHP or flywheel estimates?

Shootout 8 is the correct setting for 8 cylinder cars. I might stick with 6th gear so I can compare results with our American brethren over on ClubLexus but will see what the operator recommends.  

Location / operator - RS Tuning

Dyno manufacturer - Dyno Dynamics

Dyno setup - Shoot out 8. Cooling fan. Ambient air around 21 deg C

Car Setup - Car run in 4th gear, sports mode,manual, full TC system disabled. Bonnet open, engine cover on. Tyres set at 40psi.

Highest reading - 419.9BHP flywheel completely standard car.

The operator tried a run in 6th and one in 5th too and the figures were lower. He always uses 4th gear for cars like ours so that's what we went with. He was confused as to why the chaps across the pond use 6th gear  

C91B083A-23C5-4F98-98D9-58F671BF0F24_zps

Used my key and keyring to cover the reg on the graph. Happy with the results, shows the car is in good shape. Having an exhaust system fabricated and fitted in two week so will try and get it on the same dyno in a couple of months to compare the difference. 

• Like 3

Awesome Gib, brilliant to see some other figures so soon and that they are are more or less in he same ball park, certainly seeing the air temp was slightly different. 

Exactly the feedback I had from the dyno dynamics operator at RGS motorsport regarding the gear selection and dyno setup. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links