Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good news on our 02 RX!

Finally managed to get a complete check done on the 114k 02 RX we bought a few weeks ago, and got a good result.

Apart from the things we knew about (sticky accelerator cable at pick up, parking brake cables need adjustment and slight blow from exhaust) it got a thumbs up with nothing needing doing! 

So booked in to get those done, and a service, and all seems good to go!

Phew!

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Can't find a way to view all your pics, but the first one shows a very nice car, considering its age! - It looks like it's fresh out of the factory!

Hi

Like the side steps in chrome/rubber give the car a real enhancement :winkiss:

Thinking of having some thing similar fitted to mine.

2ddesign

Rob - the nsf is very lightly scored on its outer edge but otherwise they are great. Have to say that I was bit worried that there might be some hidden big bill as it's had some money spent on it in 2015 (£500 on brake overhaul, cambelt, 4 michelin premacys, plus the garage found new roll bar parts with no paperwork etc) and I only paid £1850 for it! There's a small patch of rust on the edge of the nsf wheel arch and, for some reason, a patch 2" x 3" on the tailgate just below the handle! Also it's had roof bars in the past and the black on the roof needs refreshing as a result - I'll be getting these sorted in the months ahead. 

jack - the side steps really set it off but (and this will sound daft I know!) you do have to use them when getting out (rather than stepping straight onto the pavement which is the automatic reaction at first) as you rub the edge of the side step against the back of your leg otherwise. Just takes a bit of getting used to!

One thing I am looking at doing is something with the rear parking sensors! It has had a Lexus tow bar fitted and has a switch in the boot to turn them off when something is being towed. The thing is they don't have a volume control and they emit an ear piercing screech - and I mean screech. It explains why the rear bumper is unscathed but its like the car's saying "OMG you've selected reverse!!!!" 

I'm honest enough to say that I don't have the courage to just switch them off, I was thinking of getting an overmirror dash cam kit with the additional rear camera, but I haven't found one yet that will fit due to the width of the standard mirror. Will keep searching but not crucial.

• Like 1

I must admit that the rear camera on my rx is a real godsend!

Now I just have to keep reminding myself that the foot operated 'handbrake' isn't a clutch. When I finally get that nailed it'll be perfect! Hahahaha! 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links