Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Brakes

Hey all - looking to get the wisdom of the forum on a purchase. Based on other posts have got a price of about £78 per brembo disc from Eurocarparts - and with current discounts comes in at £60 delivered. So far so good I think ....

Problem is that Eurocarparts only have Pagid pads and I would prefer to get the brembo pads (to keep as OEM as possible). Any alternatives to Eurocarparts that you would recommend - or should I just go for Pagid ?

Thanks, Gavan

I have got pagid pads on the rear of mine and they have performed well. I have just last week changed the fronts from pagid to stoptech. The pagids lasted for over 12 months however I would not get them for the fronts again. 

Sorry to hijack the thread. 

Any recommendations on front pads? Mine are due a change and I don't fancy paying main dealer prices. Is anyone using the Porterfield alternatives? How do they compare? I loathe how dusty the OE ones are. 

It's only been around a week since I've changed my discs and pads all round - brembo discs, with Pagid pads for the rears and Textar for the fronts; all purchased via Eurocarparts. Although in my haste, I bl***dy bought two sets of pads each accidentally - no probs as I'll just use them next time round. Paid £100 to fit so it all cost less around £400 (excluding by extra pads grrrr!). Regarding the initial bite and performance when heavy braking is required, I'm very pleased so far. I can't comment on life and braking performance when the pads are mid-low, however based on around 8 days of use driving on mixed roads (my daily drive) then I wouldn't hesitate to use Textar (front) or Pagid (rear) again. Of course, I wanted Brembos to stick with OEM but nowhere except Lexus dealer (overpriced) had them.

• 1 month later...

All fitted now - together with front pads (unexpectedly), tyres all round and refurbished wheels. Can't say car is transformed but definitely feels a bit sharper and more secure. Bonus is that all this got done for Lexus Dealer quoted price of rear discs / pads and 2 rear tyres !

I also made the mistake of ordering two sets of rear Pagid pads and given I only do 5k a year it will be 2020 or so before I use them. Happy to pass them on to another Forum User if of interest - free as long as you cover the postage.

Send me a PM if interested.

Gavan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links