Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would like to know how many Mk1 GS300 genuine Lexus Car mats out there have Lexus on.

As seems to be the norm, my GS didn't have mats in when I bought it so off I went to Lexus Nottingham who kindly sold me a set of mats for £120 (after I argued £30 off)! However, they do not have Lexus or the "L" logo anywhere on them. They are, however, nice quality (beige) but I do feel that they should have some sort of logo on.

Have I been "done"?

Also, my Lexus (UK model) has twin peg fittings in the rear as well as the front. The DP of Nottingham told me he had never seen this before and the mats I was sold had no peg holes.

Thanks

Nilpoints

Also, my Lexus (UK model) has twin peg fittings in the rear as well as the front. The DP of Nottingham told me he had never seen this before and the mats I was sold had no peg holes.

Mine has the peg holes in the back as well

My lexus matts had a lexus symbol embossed on them ,and had care labels attached to them,Have your matts got the holes for the front ones in them

Amazing amount to spend on mats, although I'm sure they are lovely and I'm kind of tempted.

I confess that for utility reasons I have two small carpet samples in my GS. They are the same colour as the car carpet and do the job of protection against mud etc just fine.

They have no Lexus logo. Or pegholes. On the other hand, they were literally twenty five pence each from the local carpet shop, so they could be replaced new once a day for the next 600 days before they cost me as much as Lexus mats.

They've been there six months so far with no sign of wear.

Just a hint for any skinflints like me who don't care that much!

Hi

I have e-mailed Lexus Nottingham for an explanation/clarification. They were in no doubt that these were the correct genuine mats for my car despite me pointing out the lack of logo or rear fitting holes.

I'll keep you updated with my progress (good or bad).

Thanks for your replies.

Nilpoints

PS: They do have fitting holes in the front and do fit so I suspect they are correct (ish).

You don't say what year your Lexus is, but I notice it's a Mark 1.

My 2001 GS 300 didn't have car mats and I wasn't going to buy it without, so Lexus Brum took 'em off a new model in the showroom and told me that they were like gold dust.

They have 'Lexus' woven into the black material and come with holes for the plastic anchors set into the floor mat. Look lovely.

If they havn't got 'Lexus' on them, they ain't Lexus

My 2001 GS 300 didn't have car mats and I wasn't going to buy it without, so Lexus Brum took 'em off a new model in the showroom and told me that they were like gold dust.

Don't understand that. You order them and a couple of days later you pick them up, no gold dust involved.

Dunno about original but my GS 300 MK1 Sport had no mats so we 'borrowed' them from the black one next to it (with the dealers permission of course !) They do have the logo on and holes on both front and rear mats though are beige in colour (my car is Silver with Grey Leather) but hey, they were free !

Don't mean to get your hopes up mate but I bought my car from a non Lexus dealer who had 4 GS 300 Sports for Sale ... the one I wanted had 1 Saab mat in it (!) and nothing else - I asked about this and he said I could have the ones from the black one next to it (which had beige carpets and beige interior so must have been stock) mind you that was 3 years ago and the cars were a 95 and 96 model GS 300 Sport ... might have changed design since then ?

Hope you get this sorted ...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links