Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Le Radio Reception

I have bought a new IS200 LE Auto and am delighted with the car. It was also pleasing to find this forum on the net. Whilst the car is excellent I have read that radio reception can sometimes need improvement with an aerial booster.

I am new to the forum and sorry if this has already been covered but any advice would be most welcome.

Thank You :unsure:

I have bought a new IS200 LE Auto and am delighted with the car. It was also pleasing to find this forum on the net. Whilst the car is excellent I have read that radio reception can sometimes need improvement with an aerial booster.

I am new to the forum and sorry if this has already been covered but any advice would be most welcome.

Thank You :unsure:

where about have you read this, i would not mind a look

I'd agree radio reception isn't the greatest.

Maybe it's worse on the later (slot at top) units ?

Oh btw, there's already an amp in the base of the aerial.

oh well a booster prob wudnt make any diff then.

Cheers 4 ya input, i neva knew there was ever anything other than a top slot :blink: Mr un-Educated over here :blush:

Tony

Thanks for your mention of there already being an amp in the base of the aerial. The Top Gear site did not make it clear - the me that is- if the problem needed a booster or has already been cured.

Reading it again in the light of your comments suggests that issue -if there was one has been solved.

How long have boosters been installed in the aerial base?

Captain Ted

I did notice that the reception, although good, is not great. I think the radio is trying to be to clever in its jumping about to find alternate freqs etc. Also, I don't think it does it fast enough. Radio 1 for instance can break up a little, loose the stereo, and only after a while does the radio think, Oh I shall hop to another freq which is stronger!!

Think its probably down to the Tuner sensitivity more thn anything else. Anyone know who they use?

I agree with the sensitivity with regard to changing stations.

If I have it set to 'TP' then when I leave work out at Woking and with Heart106.2 tuned it thinks it is not a 'TA' station and promptly looks for another one.

The reception of Heart106.2 right out on its limits is no worse than my last car though.

I put it down to the sloping aerial. When I'm approaching Woking the signal is 100% but it takes a couple of miles when facing London for it to achieve 100%.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links