Sign in to follow this  
RevPhilip

Convertible Rattle Fixed

Hi all IS250C owners,

Since buying my 250 convertible, there have been an annoying rattle coming from the back of the car, sending me crazy. This weekend I had had enough of the rattle and set about tracking it down. The rattle was described brilliantly by Eame64, in a post when he said: is it coming from the roof or from the back where the pull out is or parcel shelf? My mrs IS250c has a rattle from the the rear parcel shelf on rough roads but is fine on motorways and dual carriageways. I have tried some small wedges and even some bungee cords but can't seem to stop it. I don't drive it very often but when I do it drives me nuts but the mrs said it doesn't bother her. It is a common problem and people have had the roofs replaced under warranty but still didn't cure it. I think its one of the down sides to a hard top convertible even our previous Merc SLK rattled away on rough roads. In fairness we did know about the rattle issues on these when we bought it but the mrs wanted it and it doesn't seem to bother her. A great car otherwise though.

I did a bit of research and came across this video on You Tube - see below 

I followed the instructions for the back two hooks and I now have a rattle free convertible. Which has made me fall in love with the car, all over again. 

I hope it helps any other convertible owners who have the same Rattle. Now to phone Lexus Hedge End and cancel my appointment for them to look at fixing my roof, as I have done it in Ten minutes with 4 strips of gaffer tape. 

• Like 2

Well done Phillip I will try this on the Is at the weekend and let you know the results.

Well found, I do like a thrifty fix.

Good job, now just need to wait for some good weather to try out myself...

Just done the two rear ones on ours today and has seemed to have cured the problem:yahoo:

• Like 1

That is great news Eamonn, i found that it transforms the car 

• Like 2

The better half said she noticed the difference straight away which is good news.

Thanks for the video fix Philip.

• Like 1