Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash cam

Looking for dash cam for my taxi which is small and discreet bought nextbase duo found it too big returned it and looking at aukey dr 02 d which does back and front cheap on amazon for 100 but can't find hardwired kit and has any one bought aukey dr02 d with hardwired kit. On u tube got good reviews but no mention of hardwired kit. Can anyone shed any light on it thanks 

49 minutes ago, ahmedali44 said:

Looking for dash cam for my taxi which is small and discreet bought nextbase duo found it too big returned it and looking at aukey dr 02 d which does back and front cheap on amazon for 100 but can't find hardwired kit and has any one bought aukey dr02 d with hardwired kit. On u tube got good reviews but no mention of hardwired kit. Can anyone shed any light on it thanks 

Go for the Viofo A119 which is sub £100 and is very good. Can use with a standard hardwiring kit i.e. a fuse piggyback but make sure you check what size fuses you have. I nearly got caught out because I checked my son's car (to which the dashcam was being fitted) and most of the fuses were small rather than the large ones which the piggybacks tend to use.

I have the Viofo A119S and the picture quality is excellent. It's quite feature-packed but doesn't have anything fancy like wifi or a smartphone app but you're probably looking at having to spend at least double to find something better.

The only real negative thing I would have to say about it, is that although quite small in stature, it is quite chunky, especially if you have the optional GPS module.

I had to locate it on the passenger's side of the rear view mirror as it would interfere with my ideal mirror position if fitted on the driver's side. The lens angle is extremely wide though (in all directions), so that's no big deal. In fact it's probably better to have it positioned there as you can access the micro SD card with it still mounted to the screen. 

20170417_162935.thumb.jpg.0799169f69f4963a15be15ce47b762df.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased aukey dr02-r comes with rear camera too which I use for inside taxi so can record everything inside taxi which is v good. Got from amazon for 100. Pic quality is v good. Wired in my fuse using hardware kit which includes piggy back fuse tap most new vehicle use micro fuses.v happy with it and comes with 2 yrs warranty only if purchased from Amazon 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links