Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX300 power steering pipe pic/drawing required

Hello mates !

My power steering has been losing a little fluid lately so decided to find out which pipe was leaking, turns out the flow or return pipe that attaches to the chassis leg has rusted so bad (from the inside) that its swelled up and leaky so needs replacing/repairing.  The metal part is fixed to the rubber hoses by retaining clips/posh jubilee clips so must be on the low pressure side so maybe an easy repair.

Anyone done the same - thinking I will whip the pipe off and take it to a high pressure pipe repair place.

No worries, I managed to cut out the section of the pipe that was corroded and fit a hydraulic hose in its place so its all good.

Just bought another pipe of a breaker so will put it back to standard when I get enough time.

There you go, now you're the authority on the subject and others will be asking you (with replies hopefully!) Always a good feeling to do it yourself.

Yeah, it was this pipe causing me grief, under the black plastic wrapping it was corroded quite badly.  Cut it off and replaced it with a length of 10mm hydraulic hose with some jubilee clips.  Its the low pressure side of the system so is holding up ok.  

pipe.jpg

• Thanks 1

It was often one of the very few weak areas of the LS400, especially the earlier ones. Owners sometimes replace it with copper microbore, much cheaper than a main dealer part and easy to shape.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links