Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning valves and sensors

Hi

So I've had a problem with my is220 2009.

I've lost the power and car went in to limp mode.

I have cleaned egr (that was blocked) and MAF but the car is still bit underpowered especially under 2k revs. Also had my air fuel sensor changed as old one failed.

I want to clean MAP but I don't have an idea where to find it..

I am not a qualified mechanic.. I am just learning things when I need to do them.

Also I want to clean throttle valve and not really sure how to. Should I dismantle everything or should I just open the throttle and clean it without taking it out of the engine bay?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Jacob,

Have you got a code reader so you can see what error code the car is throwing up?  It should give you a good idea what is wrong.

Regarding the throttle body, I suppose it would depend on how dirty it is as to whether I would take it out and give a good clean, or just give it a quick once over.

Don't remember codes but first one was about EGR so I've cleaned it. Day after car went for a clutch dmf replacement and after that I've had a code P0031 for B1S1 and that was replaced as well. Need to admit after cleaning EGR, MAF and MAP car drives way better but wanted to clean throttle body as imo it is still not like it supposed to be.

I don't have any error codes now, just bit unpowered car. Maybe carbon clean?

I want to clean everything I can as after seeing my EGR.. thanks God that car was still moving [emoji23]

When I clean throttle body do I need to put any kind of sealant before mending everything back together? Seen some videos on the youtube and some done this.. don't know..
Best way is always to ask people who know it better.

I cleaned my throttle body earlier in the year. No sealants are required to fix it back in place.

I watched quite a few videos on YouTube, everybody does it different. All have different advice. From all the videos pick what advice you think makes sense.

My procedure was:

Disconnect Battery, spray cleaner into TB, let it sit for an hour or so the electrical system discharges.

Take off TB fully from car. Get it on a bench and clean it with old microfibre clothes sprayed with the cleaner. You may find a carbon ridge around the barrel. Do not be too rough, some say it has a special coating that you don't want to remove, I'm not 100% sure about that but it is a delicate piece of kit. Make sure you get cleaner on the pivot points and any small passage ways are clear.

I soaked it and wiped it several times, it was out of the car a few hours.

When I put it back and connected the Battery the whole car went into reset, everything clicks, whirs, buzzes and cycles for quite a few seconds until I could start it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links