Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

considering wheel swap on IS300H

Jayw13702

My Is300h runs on 16's currently, I intend to keep them for many reasons, one of them is passenger comfort and another is cost, the car is used as a airport transfer car.

Currently I have 15x7 ET40's and am looking at changing that to ET30's just to bring the wheel out a little and give a more fuller look arch

I was looking at these, but they are only ET35 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-DOTZ-MUGELLO-BLACK-POLISHED-ALLOY-WHEELS-ONLY-NEW-5x114-3-RIMS/231998418449?epid=16003544818&hash=item36042eee11:g:ZdwAAOSwZ1BXdlgB

by changing the offset do I run the risk of damaging the wheel bearings or am I overthinking this.

Also will I notice much difference in handling etc?

TIA

Changing by such a small amount wouldn’t cause anymore stress on the bearings, if you keep the same size tyres you probably won’t notice any difference to the handling and retain speedo accuracy.

There are some websites where you can feed in your existing wheel and tyre specs then put in the proposed ones, it will then show the differences in rolling radius (affects speedo accuracy) and how far they stick in towards the suspension and out towards the arches.

Another thing to consider is the centre bore, this is normally 60.1 on Lexus cars, if the new wheels have less they will not fit the hub, if over you can fit spigot rings to reduce the bore to 60.1.

Finally check which type of wheel nuts the new wheels require, most aftermarket wheels use the taper nuts whereas Lexus tend to use the seated type, using the wrong nuts can damage your wheels and is potentially dangerous. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links