Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've seen a facelift LS430 with LPG online and had a quick look at the MOT history and the advisories are below:

• Nearside Rear Lower Integral body structure or chassis corroded within 30cm of a mounting, but not seriously affecting overall security seal (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Offside Rear Lower Integral body structure or chassis corroded within 30cm of a mounting, but not seriously affecting overall security seal (6.2.2 (d) (i))
  • Diff slightly corrded
  • Nearside Front Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Offside Front Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
  • Offside Front Shock absorbers light misting of oil or has limited damping effect (5.3.2 (b))

Bearing in mind I haven't been to see what is corroded, could anyone suggest what might the cost to get the repairs done would be?

Is there more involved than just swapping the front shocks and arms? Would it be better to consider swapping air suspension to something else?

I'm wondering if it's a potential bargain or money pit

That sounds like a car that has lived near the coast and will be rotten throughout, if rust has got to the stage of being on an advisory then it will be everywhere... My advice.. walk away... Mine has no visible rust anywhere underneath...

• Like 1

Sage advice. I live by the coast so it would only get worse.  I was thinking the suspension would push the total cost of buying over my limit - As someone who used to do a lot of budget work, I like to plan these things and I've even calculated overall running costs for a few years.  As I want an LPG powered car, it can sometimes work out cheaper to buy a bargain basement one (usually with less mileage) and convert it rather than some of the converted ones that cost a bit more.

This is the ad, and I'm wary of the 0 feedback as well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Ls430-2005-LPG/113705952861?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The hunt continues...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, genius149 said:

Sage advice. I live by the coast so it would only get worse.  I was thinking the suspension would push the total cost of buying over my limit - As someone who used to do a lot of budget work, I like to plan these things and I've even calculated overall running costs for a few years.  As I want an LPG powered car, it can sometimes work out cheaper to buy a bargain basement one (usually with less mileage) and convert it rather than some of the converted ones that cost a bit more.

This is the ad, and I'm wary of the 0 feedback as well

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-Ls430-2005-LPG/113705952861?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The hunt continues...

Not exactly an enthusiasts description in the add - I agree, keep looking ...

Look at the condition of the wheels, I know Lexus wheels suffer from corrosion but they are awful....!!!

I'd rather fit the LPG myself as you never know what some cowboy has done, very easy to make a car work on LPG, just overfuel it everywhere.... it'll run nice till it knackers the engine...!!! 

There is a link in my signature strip...

Good luck with the search...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links