Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So why do Lexus parts HAVE to be expensive?

6 minutes ago, Tinonline said:

upper front suspension links

if by this you mean UCAs then bought my 4 from Amayama and at about 50% overall of the UK Lexus / Toyota price  ( after carriage Customs Duty VAT etc )  about £250 each

NOW  I'm buying a new alternator for mine and the Toyota price is emerging at £562     Blue Print at £402  and a Auto Electrics company at £301

back to my first failed UCA  ....

My UCA from BluePrint was initially bought and only lasted 42k miles, a great disappointment so I'm not buying a BluePrint alternator thinking they don't actually manufacture stuff, just Brand it up and mark-up accordingly  ...  original stamped UCAs Toyota from Amayama were the way forward

The new Toyota Battery i bought last January that has been cooked is a Yusua ? and i have anew one of these at about the same price as Toyota branded from the main dealer so i could have bought again but my indy mechanic is sorting this all out ok

Toyota Main Dealer was BRILLIANT with the new Battery last January letting me have it at trade price with free fitting on a cold dark winter's day  :thumbsup:   ( about £78 )

WIPER RUBBERS

I always bought replacements from the Toyota main dealer BUT the last one's seemd to fail within a year or so, they used to last several years and 10 s of thousands of miles

not inexpensive for sure, so this last cheapy set at £8.50 and have lasted long enough already  I think maybe the stock of rubber is the age of the last model of that Mk car ..........  but I may be wrong and always cherished the Lexus / Toyota wiper rubbers as they really did last many many years  ..... until quite recently

Hope yours last for several years and 30k miles at least  :wink1:

Malc

• Like 1

Thank God for Euro car Parts and other OEM suppliers such as Opie Oils (8 iridium plugs for £58). I am soon to do an oil change with a Mann oil filter that cost under £4. wiper blades that are Denso often £10-12 a pair. Having had SAABs Mercedes, Toyota and now a Lexus, suppliers such as these help no end. Why is a Prius air filter £44 at Toyota and about £14 as a Bosch! The quality is the same.

My new Continental serpentine belt was £19ish and built to an amazing strength. Most car parts are cheap and made by the million. I have never understood why all cars can't standardise on 3 oil filters (with non return valves). Big, medium and small. They would then be £2 each!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links