Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member own IS200 & CT200

jrd1

Have been driving lexus for years and am totally satisfied.

Today I had an issue with the front brake pads for the CT200 - Bought parts from Europarts who are

adamant that they are the correct parts, The Garage showed me that the thickness was far too much and hence 

the pads were biting into the callipers. I had to believe the garage.

Can someone throw some light on this pls. All the Front brake pads that euro car parts do are 16mm thick.

so what's wrong here ? 

thank you 

JRD

The problem with Eurocarparts are that they only give whole numbers for thickness & don't specify the manufacturer's part no. So for your car they specify brembo pads as Product Code: 10182091A  thickness 16mm at £56.99 less 40%.

Autodoc.co.uk specifies brembo as Article number: P 83 106    Use number: 24451  thickness 15.6mm price £24.44. They give 16 choices of different makes of pads which have a thickness ranging from 17.5mm, 16.6mm, 16.0mm.to 15.6mm.

But I think that there are two systems of front brakes on the CT200: Akebono or Advics .and ECP are specifying only Advics pads whereas Autodoc offer both.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links