Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Intermittent Sat Nav screen - Anyone had this fixed?

Hi All,

Just a quick call for any recommendations again..  My Sat Nav/Audio/Air Con screen on the 98 LS400 works, but it intermittently loses the picture.  It can go for a whole journey with me being able to see the screen, and then other days it won't come up or it will fail during a journey.  There's no pattern I can see to it working or not.  I have found I can still adjust the Air Con on the blank screen if I know where to press (there seems to be some power illuminating it but no pictures) and everything seems to be working just fine.  It's been like that since I got it and it's not really bothered me but it would be good to know if anyone else has had this problem and were able to get a cheap fix? (I'm south East near Watford so any recommends local would be great but happy to travel).

Any help appreciated..  I've just found the inner walls of both right hand side tyres are worn to the fibres so 2 x tyres tomorrow and hoping it's not expensive suspension work needed which may leave me a few pennies to get this sorted..

All the best

Ben

Hi have a 2004 rx300 and my screen was coming on very slowly and on some short journeys not at all, then the battery died had a dead cell now everything seems fine screen comes on every time, might be an idea to check ,good luck

I wonder if it is loose connection for the power to the Compact Florescent tubes that light up the panel.  If they are not lit, you would not (usually) see anything on the panel, even though the touch screen would be live.

Could be a easy fix once you get the screen out, doubt it is the tubes themselves failing, otherwise they would not light up at all, and if they are 'failing', my guess is not an easy thing to replace even though they would have been some off the shelf CFL when the car was put together.

If it goes off permanent then a pain, so unless you want to stump of £220 on eBay (Display) then maybe take some photos of the unit when working, then at least you have a template you can refer to especially if you ever need to use the more 'esoteric' options.  I know the manual covers them but a photo means you could in theory print them out to scale and then use them to be 'spot-on' when dabbing a blank screen.

Yes that sounds likely Pete, I'll ask if they can have a look when it's next in for its service.  It certainly behaves like a loose connection, it's just finding someone with the skill to know where to look!  I guess you're right, I can make a little template for each function, though to be honest it's only AC that I tend to ever change and I can flick just about remember the order my CD's go in they so rarely change!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links