Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I seem to have some weird interest in older cars; Lexus LS400, Lexus GS300 and Toyota Camry. The GS300 are relatively cheap but LS400 are becoming more expensive; I wonder if it is because they’re becoming more limited and maybe more collectible. That being said the market ultimately determines the price. 

Ideally, I don’t want to spend too much on purchase as it’s likely that work will need to be done.

I looked at a Toyota Camry 1997 red one on FB market place recently. 85k on clock and 1 owner; looks clean and the MOT history looks good. However, it is nowhere in the same league as a LS400. 

I suppose my burning desire to own a LS400 is due to being late into the car scene (26) and wanting to be part of Lexus history before it’s not possible lol. Not interested in modifications etc, have seen a few LPG converts but they don’t tempt me. 

Alexander ......  I see there's a really looking " honest " but a bit scruffy N reg one just appeared on autotrader at £1500  ...  at 282k miles it should be good for another 700k miles too :thumbsup:  ....  they'll probably take a sensible offer on it, the MOTs look ok too .......  just a  trade-in that probably owes them nowt !

Malc

On 2/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, Malc said:

Alexander ......  I see there's a really looking " honest " but a bit scruffy N reg one just appeared on autotrader at £1500  ...  at 282k miles it should be good for another 700k miles too :thumbsup:  ....  they'll probably take a sensible offer on it, the MOTs look ok too .......  just a  trade-in that probably owes them nowt !

Malc

I’m going to view one on Thursday. £2,000 with 60,000 miles. Looks in good condition; no rust had videos underneath sent and interior is clean. Will post a photo of I buy it - I saw one on Guntree that went for £700. It went after one day; was unlucky there! 

I went today to view it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t for me. It drove smoothly but had some rust on the back side panel and no service history for last 12 years. I’d rather wait and pay £1000 more for one in good condition. Will keep hunting

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links