Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check ECB / Check Hybrid System after car wash!

Hi all,

Newby here. Just joined the forum. I bought a Lexus 450h, 2009 plate last week. SE-L spec. Had 52K miles on the clock with a lot of Lexus stamps and a receipt for a major service done less than 3 months ago. I really like the car. Fast, smooth and comfy.

I took it to an IMO car wash yesterday as it was a bit dirty. I believe the program I selected had an underbody wash as well. A mile or so after the wash, The following warning messages decided to pop up:

-Check ECB

-Check Hybrid System

I thought, restarting the car may clear it. I was VERY wrong. I tried it and it would not go into 'Ready mode'. I was stuck in the middle of the road! Couple of very nice guys helped me push the car to the side. (It was stop start traffic, which is why I decided to re-start the car. dumb decision, I know.)

I cleared the error codes with an OBD2 reader I had in the boot to get going again. I cleared the codes again after about 4 hours, took it for a drive on a dual carriageway to get some air flowing through and it has not come back since (fingers crossed). 

Any thoughts? Anyone with similar experience? Any view or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Colin

You have a great car there - congrats!

I have not come across any similar incidences on LOC 

I don't think a car wash would bring on such errors.

If the car has FSH then chances are you will also have a hybrid health check in which case the Hybrid Battery is covered for 12 months. You also can take up any issues you have with the supplying dealer.

I would keep an eye on things and if the issue comes back again - I would let the dealer sort it

hope this helps

21 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Hi Colin

You have a great car there - congrats!

I have not come across any similar incidences on LOC 

I don't think a car wash would bring on such errors.

If the car has FSH then chances are you will also have a hybrid health check in which case the Hybrid battery is covered for 12 months. You also can take up any issues you have with the supplying dealer.

I would keep an eye on things and if the issue comes back again - I would let the dealer sort it

hope this helps

I love the car 😄

I am usually a 'spirited' driver, but in the Lexus everything is quiet, calm. I've changed my driving style a bit in the Lexus to enjoy the smooth, quiet ride.

I do have the extended warranty for hybrid system.

Will get it checked out shortly at the local dealer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links