Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Con refresh

Right, I probably should have gotten the dealer to do this when I purchased it but it slipped my mind and I didn't really notice any smells at the time.

Since taking it home I noticed a slight "off" smell every now and then. I attribute it to the fact the car was sitting on the Lexus lot since Sept and got a little stuffy. It's not a bad smell per say and it is very slight. When mixed in with the smell of the leather it reminds me of the smell of Crayola Crayons.

The smell has been dissipating since driving it but I bought a can of Toyota Air Conditioning System cleaner. I thought it was cleaner one you sprayed in the vents, however, it's used by spraying into the condenser I believe. Has anyone used this air con cleaner before and if so, where do I find the condenser drip tube to plug in to?

I will also be changing the cabin air filter in the glove box.

wm-f76e11a1ca755f9e417963f31cc1a26ac28165aa.jpeg

I have this and tried the drain tube, its under the car nearer to the passenger side of the subframe. However it'll spew out and using them direct and deep in the airvents worked for me. However, once the foam subsides it turns to liquid so keep an eye out on lower crevices and it does weep out. So give it a wipe with a damp cloth.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

I have this and tried the drain tube, its under the car nearer to the passenger side of the subframe. However it'll spew out and using them direct and deep in the airvents worked for me. However, once the foam subsides it turns to liquid so keep an eye out on lower crevices and it does weep out. So give it a wipe with a damp cloth.

When you used it on the drain tube and you say it spewed out, do you mean after you finished spraying it in or while you where spraying it in? I take it the spewing only came out of the drain tube?

For vent use, did any of the liquid spill out into the cabin area? That was the one thing I was concerned about and was happier to find out that I could just spray it into the condenser via the drain tube.

1 hour ago, Alex34 said:

When you used it on the drain tube and you say it spewed out, do you mean after you finished spraying it in or while you where spraying it in? I take it the spewing only came out of the drain tube?

For vent use, did any of the liquid spill out into the cabin area? That was the one thing I was concerned about and was happier to find out that I could just spray it into the condenser via the drain tube.

As the drain pipe had a little bend the dispenser can only go up a certain distance and yes it did drip out as I was applying it this was done on my 4 post ramp so I don't think I could have done any better. For the vents it will seep out through some parts of the dash, you'll see it as its just like streaks, just wipe off with a damp cloth. I find this "foam" like cleanser is a little better than the aerosol "bomb" I used to use.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links