Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It arrived today, 2 days early, thanks amazon.  When I ordered yesterday, I could have chosen delivery today for £5, or delivery on Monday for free. Late last night I had an email to say it would arrive on Sunday.  This morning,  I had another email to say it would be here today.  

Now the fun begins........

7 minutes ago, welland said:

It arrived today, 2 days early, thanks Amazon.  When I ordered yesterday, I could have chosen delivery today for £5, or delivery on Monday for free. Late last night I had an email to say it would arrive on Sunday.  This morning,  I had another email to say it would be here today.  

Now the fun begins........

Excellent :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Having gotten bored waiting for over two weeks for the Mini-VCI cable from eBay I ordered one last night on amazon and it arrived today! 

I have a laptop with Windows 7.64bit I installed, and it didn;t work. So I got another laptop out and installed a fresh win7.32 bit install, but that does not work either, and now complains about .NET missing.

I have tried win7.64 and win7.32 installs both with and without the OBD cable plugged into the car, and each time it just Errors out saying the VCI cable is not found.

What a total nightmare. 

On 3/3/2021 at 10:52 AM, m4rkw said:

I tried this on my Windows 7.64 bit machine, and after running the CDM21216_Setup and then FirmWareUpdateTool.exe the MiniVCI cable is indeed seen.  So small progress. my Techstream has no option for XHorse - MVCI though.

27 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

I tried this on my Windows 7.64 bit machine, and after running the CDM21216_Setup and then FirmWareUpdateTool.exe the MiniVCI cable is indeed seen.  So small progress. my Techstream has no option for XHorse - MVCI though.

Have you installed the .NET framework like it asked you to?

.NET is a bit of a strange thing in that normally, the latest version (4.8.1 for .NET) of any given software is all you need for things to work. However, if something on your computer needs e.g. v4.6.2 then that must be installed as well as the latest version.

If I remember correctly, Techstream doesn't know or care about XHorse, that would be the cable/emulator driver. Techstream is the diagnostic software, not the means of communicating with the laptop and I'm almost sure that the car can communicate with the laptop without Techstream even being installed.

3 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Have you installed the .NET framework like it asked you to?

If I remember correctly, Techstream doesn't know or care about XHorse, that would be the cable/emulator driver. Techstream is the diagnostic software, not the means of communicating with the laptop and I'm almost sure that the car can communicate with the laptop without Techstream even being installed.

The .NET framework was only asked for on my Windows7.32bit install, which I could not resolve, as explorer would not let me download firefox, so no updates could be downloaded.

I have only been trying to install the version of Techstream on the dodgy CD that came with the MINI_VCI cable. It claims to be Version 16.00.017.  However, the 64 bit driver instructions relate to 10.10.018.  So far I have discovered a new driver shows up called "VIM driver" after the techstream is installed. I think I need another techstream installer.

41 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

I think I need another techstream installer.

We can't really be seen to condone software piracy so the correct way of doing it would be to download the official version from here https://www.lexus-tech.eu/DiagnosticTools/Setup and buy a block of time to use it (one day for €5 or one week for €10 etc).

OK, so I managed to get it working. I paid my £5 on lexus-tech, it gave me a key, and I downloaded and installed the official software V17.20.013, which would not accept my Key or allow me to log on with my user ID. Then I clicked the TS_Launcher by mistake left over from the dodgy CD install ... and it worked. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links