Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi from London - from BMW to Lexus

dephrank

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Well it’s either been very well maintained or very well presented - or probably both!  The V6 engine is, I presume, the same as in my Gen.3 - in which case it’s a joy to use and own.

Annual mileage is surely below average and I note that it has passed every MOT, with just the odd advisory - which have all presumably been addressed.

Looks very clean inside with little obvious wear.   Colour is certainly unusual, but I would say elegant and refined.  You’ve been looking for some time now Frank.  Can’t comment on price, but if you can arrange a test drive then it’s surely decision time.

Good luck with it!

Thanks Len T. Yes I’ve been on the fence for a while now. I finally decided to sell the 3er which, hopefully, will have a new home this weekend. Going to view this Lexus tomorrow and then see how it goes. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

What a beauty! i have never seen this color and the interior makes a great combo. Make sure there is a full history on the car. Stunning.

Will do. Auto Trader says it’s £2450 over the market price compared to others like it.

31 minutes ago, dephrank said:

Will do. Auto Trader says it’s £2450 over the market price compared to others like it.

It does seem over priced but if it’s as good as it appears, has a FLSH and the years warranty is worth more than the paper it’s written on it could cost you more than £2k in repairs on another one.

What’s the extra £190.00 charge, seems excessive for filling in a V5c and a stamp.

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It does seem over priced but if it’s as good as it appears, has a FLSH and the years warranty is worth more than the paper it’s written on it could cost you more than £2k in repairs on another one.

What’s the extra £190.00 charge, seems excessive for filling in a V5c and a stamp.

£190 is an admin fee but I didn’t get that far because there’s no record of service history. None. Unbelievable considering the price tag. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on one. Settled for a black SE-i model @ 76K miles.  No headlight washer so I’m assuming non Xenon but the main beam is a projector headlight. Heated/cooled seats. Not sure if it’s got heated windscreen. No Bluetooth or satnav or ML sound system. Don’t have a problem with the absence of these. Power folding mirrors. Side indicators are on mirrors, none on the wings. 

Niggles - headlight lenses are oxidised. Owner put brighter bulbs in but the output isn’t that great. Can these be polished off or do I go VLand route?. Secondly, side lights are flickering. Suspect they’re cheap LED bulbs

Suspension - pulling slightly to the left when brakes are applied. It’s not lowered so I go over bumps easily unlike my former car. It’s got 17 inch wheels so they don’t swallow speed humps. A wider fitment should solve this. Wheels look like they’re under the car lol. Maybe some coil overs somewhere along the way perhaps?

Anyway, did over 100 miles on tr motorway today. The car isn’t slow. Just takes a few seconds to get into it. Filled her with E5. It’s a comfortable cockpit to be in. I like it.
MoT is due next month end. Need to make sure she’s mechanically sound. Everything else is secondary. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought to share a picture and thanks to everyone who helped me to the right Lexus for me. Given her a bit of a polish and new wheels. The comfort is something else. I’m just gliding away 😃

9EA25050-F394-4BCB-AF66-010ED37EBAF1.jpeg

9B7F9486-0B31-4C4A-8DA5-68311C698DC9.jpeg

F35B04AE-CA1F-4FC1-855F-6DE772218F30.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links