Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just took my car in for its annual inspection. It passes, has no warning lights, and seems to be running fine. However on the report it stated that they detected 2 engine codes. The codes are C1241 and C1424. The first one says voltage out of tolerance on ABS control unit. The other says Zero point deviation for preasure sensor on master cylinder. Could this be a problem with my Battery?

These are normal codes to be active when the car is not started. I noticed these codes on mines a few months ago but my Battery was fairly new so just left them and cleared the codes then noticed the codes dissapeared after checking after a drive but reappeared when cold started in the morning again. 

8 hours ago, TheHairyBeast said:

These are normal codes to be active when the car is not started. I noticed these codes on mines a few months ago but my battery was fairly new so just left them and cleared the codes then noticed the codes dissapeared after checking after a drive but reappeared when cold started in the morning again. 

I must say, you at least make it sound more positive than they did on the automotive forum I posted this too.  They made it sound as if my ABS was about to shut down.  Still, this is the first time my car has had this code since I have owned it so something has changed.  My batter is only a couple of years old and I jumped it off with a jump box, not another car.  But I have only driven the car back and forth to work since then which is only about 15 miles away from home...maybe the alternator is not having time to fully charge the Battery?  Perhaps that is why I'm getting the code?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohoopee said:

I must say, you at least make it sound more positive than they did on the automotive forum I posted this too.  They made it sound as if my ABS was about to shut down.  Still, this is the first time my car has had this code since I have owned it so something has changed.  My batter is only a couple of years old and I jumped it off with a jump box, not another car.  But I have only driven the car back and forth to work since then which is only about 15 miles away from home...maybe the alternator is not having time to fully charge the battery?  Perhaps that is why I'm getting the code?

There is no harm in trying with a new Battery.

Also did a Lexus Dealer tell you about these codes or some other garage?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHairyBeast said:

There is no harm in trying with a new battery.

Also did a Lexus Dealer tell you about these codes or some other garage?

It was the NCT centre.  I live in Ireland, the NCT is our yearly inspection we have to have done on our cars.  They claim they found the codes.  It was on my printout as advisories.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links