Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe I have found the good one.

After months waiting and looking consistently at adverts of GS450H on sale, maybe I have found the good one:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/absolutely-stunning-gs450h/29968661?campaign=3

I am going to see it tomorrow. Even though I don't particularly like the black interior, I must say it is top spec with Mark Levinson system, radar adaptive cruise control and part wood steering wheel and gear knob. The seller said the price is negotiable but I don't know how much. Any suggestions and thoughts are welcome.  

There is something dodgy about it anyway as the report that I got (attached), shows an odometer reading on March 2020 of 487,044 miles (while the odometer is in kms) and on July 2021 it shows a reading of 180,000 kms. Unless it is a genuine mistake...

report-793295852.pdf

Yes and a garage had it for 5 months before selling it. I do not know what to think. Doing such a high mileage considering that 2 owners had it only for 5 months in total...I have checked the service book and the mileage seems genuine according to the stamps and date but you will never know. Moreover the odometer is in kms while the first reading is in miles. 

Hmm tax on the car has been bought exactly same say as the car changed owner. Possibly it was left without tax for a while and they transferred ownership to not pay arrears on it - just a thought that may explain this one odd ownership change. 

As its Irish car I wonder if its possible to chec previous NCT reports with odometer readings, that would give some clear indication on it. If they have all reports that should provide clarification on the car I guess.

Same time it shouldn't have miles if registered in Ireland, so unless they did some weird stuff with cluster swap, then possibly greenlight have some strange data

I will try to find out about previous NCT reports for the mileage. My doubt is that they might be 487,044 kms and the odometer has been clocked. They may have made a mistake between miles and kms but it is more likely to be 487,044 kms than miles if the odometer was clocked.  

27 minutes ago, Kijan said:

Hmm tax on the car has been bought exactly same say as the car changed owner. Possibly it was left without tax for a while and they transferred ownership to not pay arrears on it - just a thought that may explain this one odd ownership change. 

I don't understand what you mean. I don't see gaps in the motor tax schedule. Until 2017 it was paid annually and after every 3 months and 6 months (once) The actual seller paid it again annually last September. The motor tax was paid on 30/06/2021 and the car sold on 01/07/31 so probably the seller paid the motor tax just before selling it. They may have agreed this.

Dilemma solved: the seller just send me the pictures of the previous NCT reports from 2015 until now with all the mileages. So I think it was just a mistake in the reading. I am much relieved now. The car looked too good to have done even 487,000 kms.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, serbarry said:

I don't understand what you mean. I don't see gaps in the motor tax schedule. Until 2017 it was paid annually and after every 3 months and 6 months (once) The actual seller paid it again annually last September. The motor tax was paid on 30/06/2021 and the car sold on 01/07/31 so probably the seller paid the motor tax just before selling it. They may have agreed this.

Oh sorry, somehow didn't see the page with road tax - yeah, then it's no reason to do that if tax is paid. Situation I refered to could be if let's say garage got the car with no tax on it or with just expirin, then didn't sell for some, so in order to add value and fresh tax they could change the ownership of the car the moment before purchasing new tax. Due to that, they don't have to back pay months where car was just sitting there. It's a bit strange way of avoiding arrears, but doable for certain amount of time, as seen that once done by one individual 🙂 downside is, that the car will gain new owners in the process.

But like I said that was assumption done only by seeing fresh tax bought on the window sticker and very recent ownership change in report 🙂

Glad to see NCT shows right readings - on the side it would be quite achievement to see it in that condition with 400k+ miles on the clock!! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, serbarry said:

Deposit paid, I will collect it next Sunday. 😍

Really happy for you as I know you've been looking for one for a while! 🙂

I will be looking for your pictures and also we may meet sometime after new year as well for a coffee and some photoshoot 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you Bart, yes sure. I remember when you bought yours, I think was last February, and I told you that I had seen the one you bought on sale at Airside Motor Centre in Dublin as I was already looking for a mk3 then.   

I have collected it today and I am happy like a child with the present he so much wanted. The only issues I am experiencing are that after pairing my phone, the car seems unable to transfer the phone book from the phone into the car and the other issue is that the side mirrors do not seem to tilt down when I put the reverse. The manual says that they should. I will check again tomorrow.    

• Like 1

Perfect Christmas present 🙂

With the mirrors not going down, check if you have any mirror selected on the adjustment panel. If I switch it off to none selected, then they wont go down on reverse 🙂

Happy Christmas! 

13 hours ago, serbarry said:

Thank you Vlad after waiting nearly one year I have finally found the one with the spec I wanted. 

A Year! You are very patient man, I wish I could do that! If I decide to change the car I do it very quickly as the more I think about it the more chances I have not doing it! 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links