Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

List prices....

Hi, new prospective owner here with a few questions

Had set my heart on the UX250h Takumi model, but am I right in thinking that they were never available sub £40k?

So therefore suffer the punitive tax grabbing scheme for the first 5 years

My 2wd Takumi  was registered in March 2019, one of the first batch delivered, and was under £40k including the extra for metallic paint so I pay standard rate tax. I don't know when the price went over £40k.

6 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Just for curiosity how much would the tax be over £40k and under 40k? just to have an idea. Thank you

Over £40k its an additional £355 for the first 5 years, on top of the fixed rate 

Well it makes sense unlike the motor tax in Ireland where you can buy a 2019 RX450H for 72,000 euros and pay only 280 euros in tax or buy a 2007 GS450H for 3,700 euros and pay 1,809 euros in tax. Absurdity!!! For the 2008 GS450H which I just bought I will pay 790 euros which I think it is a lot compared to the value of the car.  

im lost what tax rates your goin on about if its road tax the newer one at £145 be glad my 2010 is £160 a year so what £20 quid different not much 

but im over the moon mine and the wife's range rover's vouge and sport  before i swapped to a lexus was £587 a year each road tax

23 hours ago, Lexux said:

I think the price went over £40k at the end of 2019 or start of 2020.

Mine is 2019 and was under £40k.

Actually even later than that. I've a May 2020 price list and it is still under £ 40k then (with a sonic metallic paint). By Oct 2020 it's over £ 40k with basic paint.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mark ashburner said:

im lost what tax rates your goin on about if its road tax the newer one at £145 be glad my 2010 is £160 a year so what £20 quid different not much 

but im over the moon mine and the wife's range rover's vouge and sport  before i swapped to a lexus was £587 a year each road tax

Any new vehicle over £40k registered after a certain month in 2020, has an additional tax levy for the first 5 years on top of the £145 currently paid

12 hours ago, RtSpalding said:

Any new vehicle over £40k registered after a certain month in 2020, has an additional tax levy for the first 5 years on top of the £145 currently paid

The over 40k tax started 1 April 2017...I paid it on my last NX and now on my March 2020 registered Takumi UX250h.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links