Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

eCVT Oil check?

Hello LOC! It's been a while 🙂

My is300h is about to hit 90K kilometers (56k miles) and I've now decided to start servicing the car myself as I'm planning on driving the car to the end of its life and cover a lot of miles every year.

There's just one thing I'm struggling to understand. 

The service manual sayst that the transmission fluid should be CHECKED every 60k kilometers. But not specified for change? Yet the transmisison oil is specified in the owner's manual. 

The question then is how would you actually check the transmisison oil? Is there a dipstick or anything for checking the quality and level? 

Anyone have experience with this service point? 

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

There is a filler/level plug on the side of the transmission, which you need to check when the engine is cold but has run for a minute in inspection mode before waiting another minute for the fluid to settle.

image.thumb.png.37cd32f3eb9901b00c78dcce2d2532b7.png

Terrific, thanks Colin!

Am I right in thinking that the fluid level should be no lower than 5mm from the filler hole then - that's the check? 

Also is inspection mode = Maintenance mode in the drPrius and Hybrid Assistant apps?

On 12/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, mtDrews said:

Terrific, thanks Colin!

Am I right in thinking that the fluid level should be no lower than 5mm from the filler hole then - that's the check? 

Also is inspection mode = Maintenance mode in the drPrius and Hybrid Assistant apps?

Yes correct, the fluid should be level with the bottom of the filler hole or 5 mm below - any lower and you have a leak.

Inspection mode = maintenance mode in this case. It is just to ensure the engine runs for 60 seconds without the hybrid system either not starting the engine, or shutting it down before the 60 seconds is finished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

For Lexus : Every 60 000km (38 000miles) we got to check the level for normal usage, for intensive use change oil every 90 000km. I don't know what does that means intensive use, in my case I change oil every 100 000km, that cost 129€ at Toyota dealer.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 8:28 PM, Soldat79 said:

For Lexus : Every 60 000km (38 000miles) we got to check the level for normal usage, for intensive use change oil every 90 000km. I don't know what does that means intensive use, in my case I change oil every 100 000km, that cost 129€ at Toyota dealer.

This is Lexus' definition of their severe/intensive maintenance schedule requirement:

image.thumb.png.ace3ea49386f9d367cbdcc7fdb834195.png

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:52 PM, ColinBarber said:

This is Lexus' definition of their severe/intensive maintenance schedule requirement:

image.thumb.png.ace3ea49386f9d367cbdcc7fdb834195.png

Thanks for great info again Colin. My lexus spends a lot of time each year in snow and salted roads, so better change the transmission then I guess! 😬

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links