Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ES300h Tool Tray For Space Saver Spare

SH20

Having read all the topics listed regarding lack of spare wheel I decided to purchase the special shallow tool tray and a space saver wheel.  Many thanks to all the help and advice specifically from SH20 and Beyond the Blue.  My main dealer in Gatwick (allegedly the largest Lexus dealer in Europe - although I have my doubts) assured me no such parts were available in the UK.  Beyond the Blue sent me a copy of his invoice from Hull so you can imagine my surprise when I spoke to Hull dealer who told me he had never heard of this item and would call me back.  He didn't.  I called again and spoke to sales manager who was much more helpful.  I then ordered part from Gatwick and picked it up three days later.I now have it all fitted in car.

Many thanks for all the contributions

Tony G

What is the total cost for all genuine parts to fit including the revised boot tray and wheel plus any additional parts? It would be so much easier if a spare could have been ordered from the dealer when the vehicle was purchased new. Have given feedback to Lexus UK that a spare wheel not being officially offered is a significant oversight, doubt they will consider the feedback though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cs150 said:

What is the total cost for all genuine parts to fit including the revised boot tray and wheel plus any additional parts? It would be so much easier if a spare could have been ordered from the dealer when the vehicle was purchased new. Have given feedback to Lexus UK that a spare wheel not being officially offered is a significant oversight, doubt they will consider the feedback though.

See my earlier post on this thread. The tray was just over £300 incl VAT, the spare wheel with tyre fitted by dealer plus the retaining bolt to secure the wheel in the wheel well (the thread is already there) was about £250 including VAT

40 minutes ago, cymrymdt said:

See my earlier post on this thread. The tray was just over £300 incl VAT, the spare wheel with tyre fitted by dealer plus the retaining bolt to secure the wheel in the wheel well (the thread is already there) was about £250 including VAT

Having read all the topics listed regarding lack of spare wheel I decided to purchase the special shallow tool tray and a space saver wheel.  Many thanks to all the help and advice specifically from SH20 and Beyond the Blue.  My main dealer in Gatwick (allegedly the largest Lexus dealer in Europe - although I have my doubts) assured me no such parts were available in the UK.  Beyond the Blue sent me a copy of his invoice from Hull so you can imagine my surprise when I spoke to Hull dealer who told me he had never heard of this item and would call me back.  He didn't.  I called again and spoke to sales manager who was much more helpful.  I then ordered part from Gatwick and picked it up three days later.I now have it all fitted in car.

Many thanks for all the contributions

Tony G

9 Dec 22 I purchased a new shallow spare wheel tray from Lexus Gatwick. Cost was £252.22 but I had 10% discount taken off this figure as I have a maintenance contract on car.

I bought a new Lexus space saver wheel from eBay for £75 plus delivery of £28.  As you say the mounting for the securing bolt is already fitted to floor of car so just make up your own bolt (B&Q) and fixing plate to secure wheel.

Hope this is useful.

Tony G

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Looking to use a GS450 spare wheel, can I ask will alloy wheel nuts used on the ES secure the GS450 spacesaver on the hub? It appears the GS spare is a steel wheel.

I used the alloy wheel nuts currently fitted to my ES300h to secure my steel space saver wheel to the hub.  This of course is only a temporary use as I would have a new tyre fitted very quickly after putting a spacesaver on in an emergency

Appreciate that using a space saver is at reduced speed but is the feeling that the standard ES bolts would be fine and there is no safety issue? Did the GS450 use alloy bolts to secure the steel space saver?

• 2 months later...

I had thought about.doing that but as this is my fourth consecutive Lexus 300 in the past 20 years I decided to keep the original foam to put back in the car when I sell it and then keep the new foam cover AND spare wheel for my next Lexus. 
Yours is certainly the cheapest option but my decision was based on my love of Lexus cars. 
Tony

On 1/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, cdmaskell said:

I wonder if it would be possible just to cut down the existing tray to fit?

It is possible  just did that and looks like before .Make  slow cut leave space to cut more ,and make perfect mach.Bolt  for spare tire  from honda crv 2013 perfect fit 😀

IMG_5253.jpeg

IMG_5252.jpeg

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5257.jpeg

IMG_5256.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olapawel1 said:

Hello 

This is cheapest option for spare wheel 80£ from ebay.Cut foam and happy day.👍😀 

Pawel

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5257.jpeg

IMG_5253.jpeg

IMG_5256.jpeg

Can you share a link to the wheel you purchased please? Can you also confirm if you tested fitting with the alloy wheel nuts supplied with the vehicle?

2 hours ago, Olapawel1 said:

It is possible  just did that and looks like before .Make  slow cut leave space to cut more ,and make perfect mach.Bolt  for spare tire  from honda crv 2013 perfect fit 😀

IMG_5253.jpeg

IMG_5252.jpeg

IMG_5258.jpeg

IMG_5257.jpeg

IMG_5256.jpeg

This is the setup I finished up with after buying the shallow tray off a member on here.

_DSC7183.JPG

_DSC7185.JPG

_DSC7186.JPG

On 6/22/2023 at 7:59 PM, Cs150 said:

Can you share a link to the wheel you purchased please? Can you also confirm if you tested fitting with the alloy wheel nuts supplied with the vehicle?

Just se your manuals size of spare wheel is T155/70D17 110 M 

IMG_5297.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up my 2021 ES300h but after reading this thread I hung onto the spare wheel from my old GS300 as it was 18" the same as the ES. Turning  the tool tray upside down I marked the out line on a piece of plywood I had left in the garage to cut the shape and added a couple of short battens on either side to prevent the whole thing dropping too low.  A bit of sanding to shape the battens and make it fit flush and here it is.  Just need to buy a can of matt black, give it a coat or two and it will be done. I just put all of the items from the tray loose in with the spare wheel with the jack across the center.

IMG_20230716_191510.thumb.jpg.0320172bae6d347656257e4da722a2c9.jpg

The original post back in Jan 2022 started by yours truly reminded me of the £281 incl vat  I paid for the tool tray quoted at the outset.  No surprise then that a preliminary enquiry with the same dealer I bought it from and ahead of the collection of the ES300  I expect to pick up tomorrow in Cambridge  that  the exact same part is now £320 incl vat, a £40 increase or approx a  15%  increase in 18 months.  Not sure if I am consoled by the fact the front ES winter rubber mats x 2 are now £240 incl vat compared to the £400 they once were back in 2019 when I first had them.  I gave them away to a friend  who owns a Camry which has the same floor pan as an ES because I moved over to a Toyota CHR temporarily  as it turns out.   So buying both items again is a bit hard to swallow.   I sold the tool tray not ever thinking I would need another for my space saver spare.

Unfortunately Lexus no longer sell Boot Floor liners, can you believe that, a current model like the ES and Lexus just say No.  I sold that part as well back in 2022.    I'll have to use the CHR boot floor liner  as a stop gap but  E Bay have some which are quoted as being for the ES300  for £42.    It looks the same shape but likely to be  a poor copy.    At least the Chinese mud flaps I bought off E Bay which other members  also found are something I didn't get rid of.   I know they will fit perfectly as they were clearly designed for the ES300.   I just hope I will be driving back from Cambridge tomorrow  in the ES and not my CHR.   

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links