Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I own an is220d 08 plate with 95k on the clocks with service history,

I bought the car around a month ago and soon after noticed the white smoke after the engine warms up,

As the car was only used for around time before i bought it i assumed it would be dpf or 5th injector fault, 

Since then its been on 3 computers 2 where to see if they was any fault codes and yesterday on an engine carbon clean,

The second one was done at a jap car place in hull, who told me we don't know what it is so just wait until it goes bang basically as it will cost a fortune for us to look into it further,

Yesterday after the carbon clean i was told the only thing he could fine was the breather pipe on the rocker cover was maybe spitting a little too much oil out and maybe getting in to my turbo,

He said my dpf, egr, injectors, turbo, the engine was running great and he was baffled, 

He could not find the 5th injector not only on the engine but in the ecu also,

So now i am left with a smoking car still and not a clue what to do,

He advise a catch can so the oil is not directly getting in to the turbo, really nit sure what to do and any advice would be great as i am.left scratching my head with no help.

• Sad 1

Hi there, In same boat as you. Car only started to have this issue over a week ago and the smoke is so bad cars behind have to pull back.

My 5th injector was removed from ECU and DPF removed. That was over a year ago and never had issues.

Now I can't seem to find the cause, waiting for a friend to bring tools to remove injectors and also Techstream. Seems a bit noisy on the injectors since the issue stated. OBD2 scanner returning no stored codes.

After a hard drive maybe 5-10min, no power loss but exhaust smell of metal overheat and like unburned fuel.

EGR valve was wet (but relatively clean carbon wise) when I opened it, The previous times I have always cleaned it, it was bone dry. Wonder what's making it wet.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Morph47 said:

I bought the car around a month ago and soon after noticed the white smoke after the engine warms up,

Have you raised the issue with the seller at all? 

Yes but it was a private sale, 

And he is not interested, Yesterday i removed the flexi pipe from the turbo to find play in my turbo and a small puddle of oil, although the engine is all good and been checked and the small abouts of oil coming from the breather pipe on my rocker cover i was advise to fit an oil catch can to make sure no oil is getting in to the turbo,

on the fan blades of the turbo has small chips all over it and when i put my thumb on the props it has side to.side play,

So replacement turbo on the way,

But we still cannot find the 5th injector anywhere when have followed YouTube video and still cannot find it.

3 hours ago, Morph47 said:

Yes but it was a private sale, 

And he is not interested, Yesterday i removed the flexi pipe from the turbo to find play in my turbo and a small puddle of oil, although the engine is all good and been checked and the small abouts of oil coming from the breather pipe on my rocker cover i was advise to fit an oil catch can to make sure no oil is getting in to the turbo,

on the fan blades of the turbo has small chips all over it and when i put my thumb on the props it has side to.side play,

So replacement turbo on the way,

But we still cannot find the 5th injector anywhere when have followed YouTube video and still cannot find it.

You mean you can't find the location of 5th injector, did you follow the fuel line going to the back of the engine? 

It's literally next/opposite the firewall, if you are European version then remove the Battery and its tray  and you will have more access to it. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links