Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS500 V6 twin turbo not available in the UK?

TKhan430

Correct, LS500 never sold here we only have the 500h. This is a V6 hybrid with about 350 bhp as against 416 bhp of twin turbo 500 so quite a difference there.

Other colleagues can comment in the 500h, I have the older LS600hL 5.0 V8 plus hybrid and 445 bhp. It has a cvt but fear not the transmission and the entire car is super smooth and refined.  I doubt you will have any issues with the cvt unless you are looking fit a real driver’s car like a BMW in which case the LS is not right fit you anyway. Remember, the LS is the king of refinement and understated class, the 500h has the most bespoke beautiful interior in class. Best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Both 430 and 600 are excellent cars in different ways and from different times.  In my view the V8 in the 430 post 2004 6 speed facelift was the quietest and smoothest ever in modern times. I had 2 GS 430s and the later one with the 6 speed was definitely quieter and smoother with amazing shifts which you could not feel.

The later 460 used the world’s first 8 speed auto. Again excellent but tuned differently to be more sporty and vocal and due to 8 gears you could sense more (I had the ultra rare GS460).

The 600hL is the King of Lexus which still commands respect and high prices as totally unique. Long wheelbase gives a better air ride but also the car is surprisingly good to drive with a well weighted steering, strong grip due to 4 wheel drive which also gives the 600 flat cornering ability. The facelift post 2013 big spindle grill model will feels much more modern both inside and outside as compared with older 600 and 430. You will love it, hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SSUR said:

Both 430 and 600 are excellent cars in different ways and from different times.  In my view the V8 in the 430 post 2004 6 speed facelift was the quietest and smoothest ever in modern times. I had 2 GS 430s and the later one with the 6 speed was definitely quieter and smoother with amazing shifts which you could not feel.

The later 460 used the world’s first 8 speed auto. Again excellent but tuned differently to be more sporty and vocal and due to 8 gears you could sense more (I had the ultra rare GS460).

The 600hL is the King of Lexus which still commands respect and high prices as totally unique. Long wheelbase gives a better air ride but also the car is surprisingly good to drive with a well weighted steering, strong grip due to 4 wheel drive which also gives the 600 flat cornering ability. The facelift post 2013 big spindle grill model will feels much more modern both inside and outside as compared with older 600 and 430. You will love it, hope this helps!

Thanks SSUR 

The gs460 must have been nice! 

Please check out my Ls430 preview clip (full review and test drive coming soon). 

If you could subscribe that would be awesome too! 🙂

Yup the GS460 was quite awesome and still brings a wide smile all these years later! I was tempted by a GSF but instead went for LS600hl.

That 430 looks fantastic and I note it is the facelift 6 speeder I referred to, look forward to full review shortly.

By the way is that a GS4 parked alongside the 430 or something else?

• Like 1

Yup I see now it a 5 series with a nice beige interior. Reminds me of a 540i msport in that same colour combination which I looked at.  Although a nice drive, much like the GS460 and surprisingly good ride even on 20 inch wheels, I just could not get comfortable in that bolstered msport seat, the dakota leather was hard and uncomfortable (much inferior to the semi-aniline in the Lexus) and there was no option of comfort access with the seats and steering retracting.  Shows just what a special car the GS was in its class!  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 3:16 PM, SSUR said:

Yup I see now it a 5 series with a nice beige interior. Reminds me of a 540i msport in that same colour combination which I looked at.  Although a nice drive, much like the GS460 and surprisingly good ride even on 20 inch wheels, I just could not get comfortable in that bolstered msport seat, the dakota leather was hard and uncomfortable (much inferior to the semi-aniline in the Lexus) and there was no option of comfort access with the seats and steering retracting.  Shows just what a special car the GS was in its class!  

Here's the full review 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links