Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spare wheel

Lexus Geoff

Hi just got a 2002 SC 430

it came without spare wheel I know they are out there for about £150 but wondered if anyone had stored another make of car full wheel and tyre that fits the SC.In boot with hood up , in back seat with hood down

thanks Geoff 

Hi Geoff

Are you aware that a space saver spare wheel for the SC430 can be stored vertically in the boot in the specially designed well?

It can stay there even when the roof is down. That is with the foam half moon insert removed of course!

20211024_120130.thumb.jpg.69d8e1d2a67e6d0bf5a86b64f56f28c0.jpg20211024_120054.thumb.jpg.48a8363a89b627fb53a18fa3c2b95bc0.jpg

Hi Lexiguy

thanks for taking time to post

yes I know where to store space saver spare but as the car is for local use and wouldn’t be carrying much in the boot I thought another make of car spare may work out a lot cheaper if I could find one to suit, thanks again

• Like 1

Hi Geoff

I have seen spare wheels second hand on several websites so it may be that with patience you may find the real McCoy at a reasonable price.

I use mine as a daily driver and don't carry a spare and never felt nervous about it believing that regular tyre checks, a working TPS and a valid RAC membership will keep me safe! 

Anthony

• Like 1

I forgot to ask, are you thinking about cattying any other work or upgrades?

If so, please share on here as we love that! I have become an addict to little projects onecafter another.

Anthony 

2 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Geoff

I have seen spare wheels second hand on several websites so it may be that with patience you may find the real McCoy at a reasonable price.

I use mine as a daily driver and don't carry a spare and never felt nervous about it believing that regular tyre checks, a working TPS and a valid RAC membership will keep me safe! 

Anthony

The wheel has a 114.3 PCD, 60.1 centre bore and probably needs to be 17 or 18 inch to clear the brakes. The space-saver is the same but only about 155/165mm wide. Mine came from a Toyota Soarer but I think many of the Lexus/Toyota space-savers will fit.

The RAC say they carry a space-saver for most cars but how well that works in practice, I'm not sure. Bitter experience with wide low profile tyres means I rarely travel without the space-saver on board. When the tyre blows you're not relying on the competence of others to get you home.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links