Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mini Review of XTRONS Head Unit for the IS250

1 hour ago, SteL said:

Attempted to fit my recently acquired T’eyes CC3 today, all went reasonably well however it appears the canbus box isn’t working, as I have no hazard lights, air con fan, and I’m not able to adjust the volume.  I’ve not tried the indicators or other functions.

Did anyone else experience a similar issue and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Have you wired this up correctly? There is a connector usually at the bottom of the unit that is easy to miss, my recommendation to people is wire this up indoors as much as you can before transferring it to the car. Better chance of getting everything wired correctly that way! 

2 hours ago, SteL said:

Attempted to fit my recently acquired T’eyes CC3 today, all went reasonably well however it appears the canbus box isn’t working, as I have no hazard lights, air con fan, and I’m not able to adjust the volume.  I’ve not tried the indicators or other functions.

Did anyone else experience a similar issue and if so how was it resolved?

Thanks in advance.

The hazards are directly linked via the connector so the canbox will have no effect. If your hazard button isn't working then it's most likely you have not connected the connector that originally went to the following connector on your OEM system. 

vmiW564.jpg

Picture above is of the original unit, that section i've highlighted saying hazard. the connector that used to go to that needs to go to the Teyes wiring loom.

I've done quite a few teyes installations on the IS250 since and all work perfectly.

Hi, thanks Ahmed.  I’ve taken the T’eyes unit out and put the original head unit back in for the time being.  As suggested by Bilal I’ll take another look at the wiring over the weekend in case I’ve made an error somewhere (which is more than likely).

Hopefully I can sort the issue out, if not how are fixed for another install?

13 minutes ago, SteL said:

Hi, thanks Ahmed.  I’ve taken the T’eyes unit out and put the original head unit back in for the time being.  As suggested by Bilal I’ll take another look at the wiring over the weekend in case I’ve made an error somewhere (which is more than likely).

Hopefully I can sort the issue out, if not how are fixed for another install?

When you attempt it again, Take pics of all your connections that you made specifically how you connected that connector I mentioned above. I wouldn’t be worried as it definitely seems like connection issue. As soon as you make that connection even with the screen not being connected, the hazard button should immediately start working. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.
I recently bought a teyes cc3 model A  for my is250 My2011, thanks to ahmed24, i figured out how to make it work. but i have no sound.
The oem radio and "beep" of the a/c works, but the sound from the usb, teyes radio, video, spotify, youtube, etc. does not.
Any ideas?

I hope you can help me

Thanks.

27 minutes ago, Ciri said:

Hello.
I recently bought a teyes cc3 model A  for my is250 My2011, thanks to ahmed24, i figured out how to make it work. but i have no sound.
The oem radio and "beep" of the a/c works, but the sound from the usb, teyes radio, video, spotify, youtube, etc. does not.
Any ideas?

I hope you can help me

Thanks.

You've not connected the audio connection thats why. I've helped quite a few people with this exact issue.  It's very a very simple fix. The connector that comes with the teyes pictured below:

zzrKcxH.png

The white end of that goes to the back of the Teyes screen and the blue connector goes to the OEM unit to the picture port below:

u05gvGx.png

Hello.
With the instructions of ahmed24, I have connected the connectors, but it still does not sound.

The connection would be like this.
OEM system -> wire aux -> rca FR/FL OUT -> teyes unit
I show you photos of the installation.

Thanks.

q2mqdoI.jpg

16WKOcY.jpg

Hello.
Thanks ahmed24 now it works!

Thank you! for helping me, disconnect the connector of the oem unit and connect the rca and finally it sounds.

I leave you a photo of the end.

ADdOQMl.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ciri said:

Hello.
Thanks ahmed24 now it works!

Thank you! for helping me, disconnect the connector of the oem unit and connect the rca and finally it sounds.

Yay! No problem at all. Glad you got there in the end.

Remember to peel off the protective transparent film around the two black panels around the hazard light (if you haven’t already). It comes with a protective film so doesn’t look shiny black until it’s peeled off

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi there, is anyone who can help or advice something us?

As you can see on the attached pics we tried to connect everything but there is no sound. We still don't know what the next steps are...

We connected as Ahmed adviced it previously but still no sound. Which canbus set up is needed? We didn't  find the right car type either.

(Lexus IS250-2011yr)

Thnx

inbound7881485629112163859.jpg

inbound2345243636767827775.jpg

inbound139300133899481100.jpg

18 minutes ago, Monika.K said:

Hi there, is anyone who can help or advice something us?

As you can see on the attached pics we tried to connect everything but there is no sound. We still don't know what the next steps are...

We connected as Ahmed adviced it previously but still no sound. Which canbus set up is needed? We didn't  find the right car type either.

(Lexus IS250-2011yr)

Thnx

inbound7881485629112163859.jpg

inbound2345243636767827775.jpg

inbound139300133899481100.jpg

Ok we found it 🙂 now it works perfectly! Thanks for this forum it helped us a lot

11 minutes ago, Monika.K said:

Ok we found it 🙂 now it works perfectly! Thanks for this forum it helped us a lot

Glad you got it working and apologies for late reply. Been very busy and i'm not always on here. for the interest of saving others time in the future and to prevent myself answering this same audio question over and over again, I will explain the audio solution on the Model A. I get quite a lot of messages about the audio issue on the Model A installation. It's not really an issue and comes down to the installation and understanding how to wire it. The audio is very simple. If you look at the connector that comes with the Teyes model A harness pictured below:

5PSLuwn.png 

The white end of that goes to the back of the Teyes screen and the blue connector goes to the OEM unit to the pictured port below:

ffg85BD.png 

Once this is connected your sound will work. It works through the factory aux channel. 

Also have a look at the pic below. The pink ones I have put X on do not plug anything to them. The red one is the AUX as I mentioned above which you connect the wire i showed you above and the blue one next to the aux that ive highlighted in brown border needs to not be connected but instead the connector that originally comes there should have a single wire on it which connects to the Teyes harness which also has a single wire on it. And another thing to mention is that the teyes comes with a spare Aux in connector but the main Aux in is included with the main connector that has the Mic In connector so you wont need the Aux in connector. 

kBYXdJG.png 

finally, the canbus setting you need is pictured below:

b1ce13310243058a030b9ebdd810c84f.png 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monika.K said:

@ahmed24 one more thing:

The Sound is very cool but the subwoofer is low and dunno how to set up to work with the ML System.

Any idea, suggestion?

I cannot remember from the top of my head. There is a sound DSP setting app which lets you do all the adjustments. There is also the AMP power setting. There are quite a lot of settings to go through. I cannot remember them from the top of my head as i'm not near my car at the moment. Go through the following Teyes how-to's and guides, it will give you a better understanding of the settings

https://teyes.uk/pages/tech-portal

https://teyes.uk/blogs/news/random-faults-and-solutions?shpxid=f65462bf-03fe-480e-aeab-06cba5995630

• Thanks 1

A good set of tips for Teyes. I only think if there is a possibility to connect it to OEM via a digital input, as AUX simply doesn't allow to utilise ML capabilities (I think).

On 3/7/2023 at 2:40 PM, ahmed24 said:

I cannot remember from the top of my head. There is a sound DSP setting app which lets you do all the adjustments. There is also the AMP power setting. There are quite a lot of settings to go through. I cannot remember them from the top of my head as i'm not near my car at the moment. Go through the following Teyes how-to's and guides, it will give you a better understanding of the settings

https://teyes.uk/pages/tech-portal

https://teyes.uk/blogs/news/random-faults-and-solutions?shpxid=f65462bf-03fe-480e-aeab-06cba5995630

@ahmed24 we tried everything. The sound is OK but not like the original ML sound. It is not so loud and clear. Can it be the canbus? If you don't mind can we get some pics of your DSP settings? The OEM with ML sounded like hell and it was crystal clear. Now it is not like that. We simply cannot turn it up to the same loud volume as before. Two quick questions: the original USB input is not recognized by the head unit. Why? Any reason? Is there only online radio, no analog ones?

This is the canbus we got with the package. Sorry for bothering you with these inexperienced questions but your suggestions, and comments are very very useful for us! 🙂

332731519_570287144851955_9037188816281853859_n(1).jpg

42 minutes ago, Monika.K said:

@ahmed24 we tried everything. The sound is OK but not like the original ML sound. It is not so loud and clear. Can it be the canbus? If you don't mind can we get some pics of your DSP settings? The OEM with ML sounded like hell and it was crystal clear. Now it is not like that. We simply cannot turn it up to the same loud volume as before. Two quick questions: the original USB input is not recognized by the head unit. Why? Any reason? Is there only online radio, no analog ones?

This is the canbus we got with the package. Sorry for bothering you with these inexperienced questions but your suggestions, and comments are very very useful for us! 🙂

332731519_570287144851955_9037188816281853859_n(1).jpg

Original USB will not work. You now have an aftermarket unit so the USB function has to be handled by the Teyes. I converted that armrest USB to connect to the Teyes. You can find universal USB or you can buy a convertor like this: https://incartec.co.uk/product/24-654_toyota which you can then plug the armrest USB to the Teyes

In regards to the sound, it has nothing to do the the canbus. If the volume is low, are you sure the main volume knob on the lower CD changer is set high? This is known as the master system volume. You need to set this to a high level and then adust the volume using the steering wheel control. Don't adust using the knob on the CD changer. Keep that on a decent high level.

If that does not help. There are multiple things to try:

first check the power conditioning setting using this guide: https://teyes.uk/pages/power-conditioning?shpxid=c95b4902-2935-4a29-883c-d4e817869990

Then check the following 3 different settings (this is in another language, but gives you an idea exactly where to find the setting)

The factory password is: 168

cc3-01-jpg.5818339

cc3-02-jpg.5818341

cc3-03-jpg.5818343

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a CC3 for my 07 non nav Is250. Can anyone with the 10" model tell me if there is a standalone climate control app or is it just the bottom screen pop up shown earlier in this thread.

Also in the bottom screen pop up shown earlier in the thread it doesn't seem to have the filter cabin air button. Can anyone tell me if the CC3 has this function for the 10". The 9" for the cars with navi seem to have it but i cant see any indication the 10" has it. (please see attached picture for reference)

purge button.png

1 hour ago, Alternet said:

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a CC3 for my 07 non nav Is250. Can anyone with the 10" model tell me if there is a standalone climate control app or is it just the bottom screen pop up shown earlier in this thread.

Also in the bottom screen pop up shown earlier in the thread it doesn't seem to have the filter cabin air button. Can anyone tell me if the CC3 has this function for the 10". The 9" for the cars with navi seem to have it but i cant see any indication the 10" has it. (please see attached picture for reference)

purge button.png

Regardless of 9” or 10”, the can protocol app isn’t actually made by Teyes it’s a third party tool used across many different android head units. Just like the frames and harnesses are also not specifically made by Teyes. All these android head unit companies depend on other companies to make universal harnesses and frames and integration apps for set size head units. That’s why there are so many Chinese versions. Most of them I’ve found to be very poor build quality. 

Because the canbus apps are essentially the same, it will be same across both 9 and 10inch versions. 

Answering you question, yes there is a independent app for climate. You have to go to an app called vehicle settings then inside that you will see a section called air conditioning. Below are pics taken of this

FE6C1AF0-DAF6-46CF-B9E9-5FDB611359BA.thumb.jpeg.98d2b7717c1c6816e912a3e07334d11e.jpeg

79B8B9F0-6FA4-4463-BD4F-236B9505F8A3.thumb.jpeg.21e67d6a47de2b2c96f4c4d161ddb782.jpeg

15 hours ago, ahmed24 said:

Regardless of 9” or 10”, the can protocol app isn’t actually made by Teyes it’s a third party tool used across many different android head units. Just like the frames and harnesses are also not specifically made by Teyes. All these android head unit companies depend on other companies to make universal harnesses and frames and integration apps for set size head units. That’s why there are so many Chinese versions. Most of them I’ve found to be very poor build quality. 

Because the canbus apps are essentially the same, it will be same across both 9 and 10inch versions. 

Answering you question, yes there is a independent app for climate. You have to go to an app called vehicle settings then inside that you will see a section called air conditioning. Below are pics taken of this

FE6C1AF0-DAF6-46CF-B9E9-5FDB611359BA.thumb.jpeg.98d2b7717c1c6816e912a3e07334d11e.jpeg

79B8B9F0-6FA4-4463-BD4F-236B9505F8A3.thumb.jpeg.21e67d6a47de2b2c96f4c4d161ddb782.jpeg

I have a few more questions if you don't mind (as you seem to know a lot about these). Or if anyone else may know the answers...

Do you know if there is a way to make this app come up when you press the climate control buttons instead of the bottom screen pop up? Or is there a way to put a short cut to this on the main screen? I know its nit picky and won't keep me from ordering the CC3, but Im just curious if its possible.

How does the screen do in super cold whether. It regularly gets to -40C (-40F) here in winter. Will the screen be usable still or will it just glitch out or be too frozen up to use? (i plan to get the 2k screen upgrade as well if that makes a difference)

Also does Teyes ever have any sales? Last thing I want to do is drop this amount of money and 2 weeks later it goes on a big sale or something lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links