Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is200d central locking problem

Bobgosling

Hi all, need some help withy Lexus.

I can open the car, driver's door only, no others. The switch on the driver's door for the other doors won't work, so I have to open the other doors from inside the car. Changed fob Battery, tried the lock/unlock sequence, no joy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi, went to open the car this morning, low and behold, all doors unlocked, woo hoo.

Well, not quite.

Started the car, tried to lock the doors, nothing.

Got out the car, locked it, tried to unlock it, only the driver's door works 🤬

Would this be a faulty car Battery issue? I checked the Battery and it's only showing 12.3 volts.

Maybe overnight the Battery restored enough to power the doors, but after starting the car, it's not got enough power?

8 hours ago, Bobgosling said:

Hi, went to open the car this morning, low and behold, all doors unlocked, woo hoo.

Well, not quite.

Would this be a faulty car battery issue? I checked the battery and it's only showing 12.3 volts.

Maybe overnight the battery restored enough to power the doors, but after starting the car, it's not got enough power?

I guess you need someone with the same model and year to give really meaningful advice, as I don’t know if mine has the same systems.  But the door operation is one of the customisable features on mine.

If you use the Home Screen and navigate to Setup, you might eventually get to a screen offering various door locking options.  It may be that you need to select one of them.

BTW: what happens when you just use the mechanical key out of the fob?

Well, not quite.

Would this be a faulty car Battery issue? I checked the Battery and it's only showing 12.3 volts.

Maybe overnight the Battery restored enough to power the doors, but after starting the car, it's not got enough power?

Hi, I looked in the settings and have no option to change the door locking. My problem is an that it works after leaving the car overnight, but then stops working straight away.

Will have to check opening the door manually, good call that one 👍

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I hope that this helps someone else in the future. I had an auto electrician look at the car, took him no time at all to find that it was a faulty relay. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links