Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Tyres

malcolmw

6 hours ago, Winston said:

Hi

just a question does anyone worry about damage to the wheels when going to a normal tyre fitter (not Lexus)

I have had damage to expensive wheels before and the wheels on the LC being so expensive and hard to repair I was planning on taking to Lexus 

Am I being overly cautious?

Find somewhere that has modern equipment. Tyre changing machines these days (particularly high-end ones) are heavily automated with little risk of damage.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Winston said:

If they are cheaper than I thoroughly to repair great. The prices I mentioned I saw on one of the forums on here.

I will still probably take to Lexus as if there are any problems I know they will fix it without to much trouble.

The difference is that previous member had it damaged when he bought the car and dealership addressed that as part of purchase - yes that was easiest way. Do not expect for Lexus dealer to sort out your issue, or for it to be cheap - they most likely going to offer you new wheel for £2000, but if you are "extra special" client for them then they may take it to their nearest wheel refurb place and charge you £100 on top of what it costed to fix. Lexus dealerships are in business to sell cars and if that requires to do some cosmetic fixes they will do it to facilitate the sale, but they are not in business of wheel refurbishment so don't expect best service or value when it comes to that. 

8 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Find somewhere that has modern equipment. Tyre changing machines these days (particularly high-end ones) are heavily automated with little risk of damage.

That was quite impressive! Not wishing to be picky, but it did seem a shame it didn't balance the wheel at the same time whilst it was mounted to an "axle" which I would imagine could spin. Nonetheless, I'd feel confident if I saw such a machine dealing with my wheels/tyres. As you say, much more sophisticated than the usual fare.

• 1 month later...

Hey all - My car is due in this Friday and will have the very minor scuff repaired by the dealer. I will let you know how I get on and before and after photos.

I'm curious to see how well it’s blended.

Just to add… I’ve also got a small amount of condensation in the rear camera. Makes it useless until it goes away after a few days but it should be airtight/moisture proof! 

I’ll set up a new thread for that if the saga continues but that’s the main reason it’s in. The tyre refurb is just a convenience thing (and a commitment by the dealer at point of purchase).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links