Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance - Medical Conditions

Damer

After a 2nd fit/seizure in April (the 2nd in 2 years) I have been told I cannot drive until April next year. My insurers have been fine as the car obviously still needs to be insured and my Wife drives it as a named driver. 

But my insurance is do for renewal. Am I better transferring ownership to my Wife's name (subject to the existing finance deal), or keeping it in my name?

Insurance is a nightmare. Tried to get Daughter insured on Wifes 1.6 Mini Cooper as named driver. No one would touch her. We transferred ownership of the car to Daughter, changed her status to Employed (she took a gap year) BINGO she was insured and had 18 months of event free driving. 

Now she is at Uni, so therefore a Student, now she cannot get insured again, even though it is the same car, parked in the same place at the same address. So she is back for 3 months cannot drive, and no-one will touch her to drive the Lexus.

Rant and question over. Helpful advice welcomed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links