Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Charger based schedules not locking the cable

Has anyone else tried scheduled charging using their charge point with their NX450 yet?

I have the Alfen BG charger from the free charger offer and they have finally added a custom schedule to the Hive app. This would allow overnight charging on the drive however because the charger isn’t supplying electricity when it is plugged in, the charging cable doesn’t lock into the car. 

I thought that locking the car with the fob would lock the cable in place but it remained open.  Overriding the schedule to start charging then locked the cable. Obviously this means that until the charging schedule actually starts the cable can be removed and stolen and with prices of the cables etc it should really be locked in place 

Has anyone had any experience of successfully scheduling a charge with the charge point safely or am I missing something?

I have tried the schedule within the car but this seemed to always start charging and charge to 100% which I didn’t want to happen and the scheduling isn’t the friendliest process in the car/app

Any thoughts would be welcome.

I have identical set up, ie, Alfen charger controlled by Hive.

What indication do you get on charger?

When I plug it in my charger flashes blue and locks the plug. Then when scheduled start time comes round, the charging starts and the charger light goes green.

I have noticed that the Hive software is a bit buggy……..

I can’t select off peak times in the tariff section but have to use schedule function to set the times.

• Like 1

I’ll double check, I think it was flashing blue but nothing happened on the car. I’ll give it another go

thank you for the reply I’ll see what happens

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 9:43 PM, SA1 said:

Has anyone else tried scheduled charging using their charge point with their NX450 yet?

I have the Alfen BG charger from the free charger offer and they have finally added a custom schedule to the Hive app. This would allow overnight charging on the drive however because the charger isn’t supplying electricity when it is plugged in, the charging cable doesn’t lock into the car. 

I thought that locking the car with the fob would lock the cable in place but it remained open.  Overriding the schedule to start charging then locked the cable. Obviously this means that until the charging schedule actually starts the cable can be removed and stolen and with prices of the cables etc it should really be locked in place 

Has anyone had any experience of successfully scheduling a charge with the charge point safely or am I missing something?

I have tried the schedule within the car but this seemed to always start charging and charge to 100% which I didn’t want to happen and the scheduling isn’t the friendliest process in the car/app

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Try plugging in and starting the charge via your Hive app (that should lock the cable) then switching to your Lexus Link app and setting a schedule for the early hours.   With my setup that stops the charging, but keeps the cable locked, charging occurs at the scheduled time.   Make sure that the car is locked when you start the charging.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links