Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carbon Fibre Wrapping Interior

In the classical sense i eventually caved in and decided to do some carbon fibre wrapping.

There are two specimens:
1) Black 3D carbon fibre
2) Dark Grey 3Dcarbon fibre (more about this at the end)

I ended up going for the Black carbon fibre for 1 main reason.. i had loads of it left over.
Another reason for doing the centre console panel was the driver side was pretty worn down from the previous owner.
image.thumb.jpeg.d65ca01cb8188fa75a2ac0ce49f0d172.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c2f30686eff18523370bf50bbb990dab.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9af08913104a54111bc645f2c22d25e9.jpeg

I decided to NOT wrap the inner panel.. i may revisit this in the future
image.thumb.jpeg.d3844bc5f3182cd643cd37b7adabed77.jpeg

Model select knob removed, as you can see it has 4 clip points, was very easy to remove.
image.thumb.jpeg.82da09c99aad3174a8c81c4926117d52.jpeg

Had a few scratches that annoyed me and replacement cannot be found.
image.thumb.jpeg.c100786f670902944841bffc7f200f62.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.743a66f34fa07e81b95be9d4a503adf8.jpeg

Final product 🙂
image.thumb.jpeg.5e7f028dc822efb1635197e57e5f425a.jpeg

Now about why i didn't use the dark grey carbon fibre, simply i didnt have enough and what i had was crumpled badly after being knocked about in the cupboard/
Here some proof of concept:
image.thumb.jpeg.b4560d0a3e68fbed6a39087ecc491fc7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.55e865c10c81e83300cdc13389d78d0f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1217c57da5c7d5fe0786b2ee70e8325d.jpeg
So they grey would have been equally nice.

Future plans make include switching to the dark grey and include the door switch panels and glove box.

• Like 5

That looks really smart.A clever and tasteful way to refurbish worn trim, without overkilling the carbon fibre.

Can I ask where you get it from and is it easy to apply?Is it self-adhesive or do you stretch and heat treat it?

David

8 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

That looks really smart.A clever and tasteful way to refurbish worn trim, without overkilling the carbon fibre.

Can I ask where you get it from and is it easy to apply?Is it self-adhesive or do you stretch and heat treat it?

David

Hey David thanks 😀yes it's very easy to do, the wrap can be bought from eBay, its cheap.  The black one used was 3M, the grey one I had was non-branded. 

Only tools used was plastic trim tool, screwdriver, scalpel knife and hairdryer oh and scissors to cut the vinyl.

I washed the parts using fairy liquid then dried, to ensure parts were grease free.

Best way to learn is by doing,. But I suggest watching some vids on YouTube.

Also if you look on the forum you will find old posts of when I did the carbon wrap on my IS250.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links