Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

F-Sport Owners (Chrome)

Hello there,

I'm new and this is my first post so please be gentle with me!

I'm maybe looking at purchasing a UX250h and the F-Sport model appears to be a great specification.

Now i may have seen a bad example, but there appears to be a strange mix of chrome finishing .... from a bronze/ gold tinted chrome on the front and rear, to a smoke chrome on the alloys and then the clear standard chrome finish to the window surrounds. I really can't understand why the 'theme' was continued through all the chrome work. I'm looking at a white car, so maybe the differences are more obvious.

Anyone else picked up on this or am i being super picky?

I think i would have to consider vinyl wrapping to give a more uniform appearance.

1 hour ago, ScoFair said:

Hello there,

I'm new and this is my first post so please be gentle with me!

I'm maybe looking at purchasing a UX250h and the F-Sport model appears to be a great specification.

Now i may have seen a bad example, but there appears to be a strange mix of chrome finishing .... from a bronze/ gold tinted chrome on the front and rear, to a smoke chrome on the alloys and then the clear standard chrome finish to the window surrounds. I really can't understand why the 'theme' was continued through all the chrome work. I'm looking at a white car, so maybe the differences are more obvious.

Anyone else picked up on this or am i being super picky?

I think i would have to consider vinyl wrapping to give a more uniform appearance.

The front grill trim and the rear bumper trim should be the same i.e. a gunmetal finish

The window surround is silver

Not sure what you mean by the alloys as they are painted and would be impossible to get into the same finish

The car i viewed and test drove at the weekend had an alloy wheel finish that looked like 'smoked chrome' and i would prefer that the trims front and back plus the side window surrounds matched.

Like i said in my earlier post, i'm not sure if the one i saw was standard F-Sport specification, but the trims front and back looked like they were a definate bronze

2 hours ago, ScoFair said:

The car i viewed and test drove at the weekend had an alloy wheel finish that looked like 'smoked chrome' and i would prefer that the trims front and back plus the side window surrounds matched.

Like i said in my earlier post, i'm not sure if the one i saw was standard F-Sport specification, but the trims front and back looked like they were a definate bronze

They shouldnt be bronze. The front and back are gunmetal

2020 Lexus UX 250h F Sport Quick Takes TestDriveNow Overview

2019_lexus_ux_eu_13_2560x1440.jpg

The side windows are always silver on these. You could get them removed and wrapped to black or potentially a similiar gunmetal shade

I may of course be a little colourblind, but your 'gunmetal' is my 'bronze'.

Other than this (which i guess i could live with .... maybe?!?!) i think the car looks superb.

Took me a while to get a good example, but my definition of 'gunmetal' is grey & maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.45362c0a3c435e74a01bfa612cf064a1.jpgnot bronze.

Is it just me or are the front and rear trims always this shade on the F-Sport?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links