Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h noise from the steering wheel

Something is obviously rubbing/catching on the back of the steering wheel/coulmn shroud.It could be heat expansion,plastic parts are prone to this--listen to your plastic guttering at home when hot sun suddenly appears from behind the clouds.

Alternatively,I thought I coud hear a cat miaowing quietly in the background,so you might have pussy problems...

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

Something is obviously rubbing/catching on the back of the steering wheel/coulmn shroud.It could be heat expansion,plastic parts are prone to this--listen to your plastic guttering at home when hot sun suddenly appears from behind the clouds.

Alternatively,I thought I coud hear a cat miaowing quietly in the background,so you might have pussy problems...

Hmm, what would you recommend I do?

If you could easily get the shroud off the top of the column you might see what is rubbing and adjust or lubricate.Before that though try to see if you can see anything,by looking behind the steering wheel,possibly with a mirror.You could also wait and see if anybody else,more mechanically minded has a better idea.Good Luck.

2 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

If you could easily get the shroud off the top of the column you might see what is rubbing and adjust or lubricate.Before that though try to see if you can see anything,by looking behind the steering wheel,possibly with a mirror.You could also wait and see if anybody else,more mechanically minded has a better idea.Good Luck.

Alright, thank you for your time I will try it

• 1 month later...

It’s the steering column clock spring, I experience it as well in scorchy days. A new one is bloody expensive. There’s no fix for it, cannot lubricate it because it’s sealed. 
Either live with it or replace it. You can try eBay, maybe you’re lucky. 
Culprit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/275068645186?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ocOFiNhtSHO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=BLD6scw2QUC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links