Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, still no connected services...

So, I gave Lexus tech support a call (fully expecting a long wait) and was immediately talking with someone who understood and knew how to rectify the situation! Apparently on secondhand purchases Lexus EU need to "force the handshake" to get the car and app connected. He raised a ticket and will be in touch when it's ready for me to confirm T&Cs etc..

I also asked about the hotspot box in the boot and was advised it brought nothing extra to the functionality of the car/nav/Android auto connection and I would be better off just using my mobile phone. He did say I could if I wished to subscribe to a monthly data plan but suggested I'd get better value via my mobile. Nice and honest of him I thought.

I'll wait now to hear back, hopefully not too long (I know I can use AA but I like things to work and have my options covered) 

P.S. I have ordered an AAwireless dongle to protect the USB port on my phone from potential damage due to constant connecting/disconnecting 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 4:05 PM, NemesisUK said:

I've got the boot wifi box linked to the multimedia unit and linked to my phone, no issues.

All set up on the portal and car verified, multimedia registered etc, etc..

Car starts in Lexus online mode (Android Auto works ok)

Lexus Link app states my connected services are activating and it may take 24hrs to complete (that was 48hrs ago) Dealership says the RX "can be grumpy" setting up connected services and the salesman today went through the process only to say it might take a few days!! Apparently once connected there should be a QR code on-screen accessing data plans etc..

We'll see, nothing terribly important but I like to explore these things.

Slightly off on an tangent but the previous owner must have had the maps updated OTA (according to the download history) and I think this has disabled the safety camera alert beeps. Anyone know how to re-enable these alerts? Do I just download the current maps to a USB and perform another 'update'?

Peter, did you manage to reload the maps from usb to get speed camera alerts working again?

Paul

8 hours ago, PDM said:

Peter, did you manage to reload the maps from usb to get speed camera alerts working again?

Paul

I didn't but on our trip to Cornwall the notification appeared, I changed nothing. On our drive home, nothing!

I'm investigating one of the apps from the e-store, Cyclops a safety camera alert function updated in real time. Only thing is my Lexus portal reports me as having a subscription to the end of Oct 2023, when the car is 3yrs old but the multimedia system in the car keeps asking me to subscribe..... A disconnect somewhere!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links