Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, mikey2001 said:

Excellent Peter, welcome to the RX club 🙂 I'm sure you will enjoy your new steed, please post a few more pictures when you have the chance 🙂

I created a little album of images from the dealership website

• Like 1

As it was a dry sunny day I decided to give the beast a wipe over, inside and out.

Must admit I was a little disappointed with the dealer preparation of the car (which I will share with Lexus when I get the post collection survey). This was the first secondhand car purchased from Lexus but I expected a better level of detailing. I mentioned a little dye transfer on the drivers bolster, still there when collected. Took me 5mins to remove today. I also got out my detailing brush to clear out the dust/detritus from the various grooves/creases and nooks and crannies.

Wiped the seats over with Dr Leather and all the other interior surfaces with Meg's Quick interior detailer. Looks and smells much better now 😎😁

One takeaway from today, my word there's a lot more surfaces to clean compared to the RC! 

10 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

As it was a dry sunny day I decided to give the beast a wipe over, inside and out.

Must admit I was a little disappointed with the dealer preparation of the car (which I will share with Lexus when I get the post collection survey). This was the first secondhand car purchased from Lexus but I expected a better level of detailing. I mentioned a little dye transfer on the drivers bolster, still there when collected. Took me 5mins to remove today. I also got out my detailing brush to clear out the dust/detritus from the various grooves/creases and nooks and crannies.

Wiped the seats over with Dr Leather and all the other interior surfaces with Meg's Quick interior detailer. Looks and smells much better now 😎😁

One takeaway from today, my word there's a lot more surfaces to clean compared to the RC! 

Please do not overlook to tell us who the disappointing Dealer was Sir !

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Please do not overlook to tell us who the disappointing Dealer was Sir !

Lexus Swindon, who in the past have been excellent. My previous two new car purchases were very well handled and all the services done with no issues/complaints.

Maybe my expectations were too high regarding a secondhand purchase?

Embarrassingly I've just discovered, whilst cleaning the windscreen interior, I have a dash cam installed :blushing:

Never spotted it when looking around, or on the test drive. Nothing mentioned in the documentation/hand-over.

Not sure how I feel about having it fitted. Not something I would have purchased but as it's there I might experiment with it before making my mind up. 

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

Lexus Swindon, who in the past have been excellent. My previous two new car purchases were very well handled and all the services done with no issues/complaints.

Maybe my expectations were too high regarding a secondhand purchase?

Maybe, but I very much doubt it Peter. Lower standards throughout the Dealerships are not as infrequent as they used to be. If one pays big money for a top of the range model one demands reciprocal service.

I wonder if Shahpor will see this and comment ? 

1 minute ago, NemesisUK said:

Embarrassingly I've just discovered, whilst cleaning the windscreen interior, I have a dash cam installed :blushing:

Never spotted it when looking around, or on the test drive. Nothing mentioned in the documentation/hand-over.

Not sure how I feel about having it fitted. Not something I would have purchased but as it's there I might experiment with it before making my mind up. 

er if Shahpor will see this and comment ? 

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Maybe, but I very much doubt it Peter. Lower standards throughout the Dealerships are not as infrequent as they used to be. If one pays big money for a top of the range model one demands reciprocal service.

I wonder if Shahpor will see this and comment ? 

er if Shahpor will see this and comment ? 

I and Len and Herbs and others would welcome a free dashcam. Remember it is there to assist you in your hour of need.

• Like 3

Having an explore in the deeper recesses of the load area I found this lurking in the offside cubby. Appears to be a WiFi hotspot? I have no information/documentation regarding this. Can any other RX owners some shed light ?

PXL_20220826_155440140.thumb.jpg.5385760bc39d1929e7cb6f8ee26ebe1b.jpgPXL_20220826_155501015.thumb.jpg.e62a5936e065b51f998428fc6f80f679.jpg

It is indeed a wifi hotspot but it's got a non-removable SIM and it's locked to Orange. It's also very expensive at, if I remember correctly, about £10 for 2GB data, although I may be wrong. I haven't got one in my car, I'm only going from past topics I've read on here.

If you want the facility, it's better and cheaper to either tether your phone or buy your own mobile wifi modem/hotspot and use a SIM of your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Herbie said:

I'm only going from past topics I've read on here.

Maybe this thread? I'm thinking I probably won't progress this option unless there is a true connectivity benefit (via Lexus Link?) in doing so

• Like 1

Yep, that's the one - I'd forgotten that I'd made a couple of contributions in there :laughing:

Android Auto/Apple CarPlay need Internet access so it's good for that  and all it provides (Waze or Google Maps or Sygic and What3Words for navigation) etc. etc.

That wi fi box is identical to the one in my 2020RC...did you have one in your old RC..mine is fitted to the base of the centre console box.

Dealer was very vague about it when I bought it inJan this year.I did find something on Lexus website months ago but the Orange subscription was very expensive.

If you want wireless Android auto,I,ve just bought a AAWireless dongle that works perfectly,unlike the Carlinkit version that didn,t work and has been returned for a refund.

Been playing with WiFi settings on the multimedia system and linked my existing account, which it seems to have accepted. Using the Lexus Link mobile app I have verified I'm the legitimate user of the car and the app tried to load my connected services only to announce a problem try later!

The WiFi box in the load area is alive and blinking the various lights and I have connected my phone to the box with no problems.

Reading this info on the Lexus website it appears Lexus will cover the data costs associated with this service for 10yrs?

"The Connected Services of the Lexus Link App will function for 10 years. Lexus will cover the cost of data used to provide connected services for 10 years, but the Lexus Link App will function even without connected services."

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/lexus-link-connected-services

I'll keep playing and see if the app connects or whatever it's trying to do over the next days otherwise it's a trip to the dealer, not sure how confident I am in them being knowledgeable regarding this but nothing ventured ...

Hopefully it's a bit smoother than when I went through the pain with a new RX and the boot mounted Wifi box.

I just don't use the wifi box anymore (I use my phone as a hotspot), but getting it setup did seem to be final step in getting all the lexus link bits working correctly.

I had a feeling that something in the back end process for the wifi box setup triggered another phase in linking all the bits together at the lexus end, I'm assuming you've gone into the lexus website portal and got the vehicle added to the my vehicles section?

Also as another thought... Is the car setup in Lexus Online mode (not android or car play mode)? That might be needed to get things up and running?

If you don’t have a large data allowance on your phone, don’t forget to pair yours/wife’s/girlfriend’s/boyfriend’s/kid’s phones to the hotspot so you aren’t using your phone allowance. 

I’ve put one in the RC and it is useful on longer journeys when her loveliness spends the time on youtube or watching films. 
I use A Smarty sim and get 4Gb for the price of a poorly octopus. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterI said:

Hopefully it's a bit smoother than when I went through the pain with a new RX and the boot mounted Wifi box.

I just don't use the wifi box anymore (I use my phone as a hotspot), but getting it setup did seem to be final step in getting all the lexus link bits working correctly.

I had a feeling that something in the back end process for the wifi box setup triggered another phase in linking all the bits together at the lexus end, I'm assuming you've gone into the lexus website portal and got the vehicle added to the my vehicles section?

Also as another thought... Is the car setup in Lexus Online mode (not android or car play mode)? That might be needed to get things up and running?

I've got the boot wifi box linked to the multimedia unit and linked to my phone, no issues.

All set up on the portal and car verified, multimedia registered etc, etc..

Car starts in Lexus online mode (Android Auto works ok)

Lexus Link app states my connected services are activating and it may take 24hrs to complete (that was 48hrs ago) Dealership says the RX "can be grumpy" setting up connected services and the salesman today went through the process only to say it might take a few days!! Apparently once connected there should be a QR code on-screen accessing data plans etc..

We'll see, nothing terribly important but I like to explore these things.

Slightly off on an tangent but the previous owner must have had the maps updated OTA (according to the download history) and I think this has disabled the safety camera alert beeps. Anyone know how to re-enable these alerts? Do I just download the current maps to a USB and perform another 'update'?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links