Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

newbie here with lexus IS 250

naikey

Greetings to all,

i have just joined this forum and am newbie here, so if my post is wrong board my apologies  in advance please be patient and guide me, i know its  early throw my problems on you,

but  i am sure will get help from you all.

i own lexus IS 250 petrol manual 95 reg, been enjoying over 5yrs now, suddenly  PS light came on and the steering became stiff. checked Battery ,alternator, fuse and all looks fine,

tried to change power steering module  (same part no) located under Battery but still the same, no joy ran out of ideas help please.

18 hours ago, naikey said:

Greetings to all,

i have just joined this forum and am newbie here, so if my post is wrong board my apologies  in advance please be patient and guide me, i know its  early throw my problems on you,

but  i am sure will get help from you all.

i own lexus IS 250 petrol manual 95 reg, been enjoying over 5yrs now, suddenly  PS light came on and the steering became stiff. checked battery ,alternator, fuse and all looks fine,

tried to change power steering module  (same part no) located under battery but still the same, no joy ran out of ideas help please.

thanks

Hi Mohamed and welcome to the forum. You've had your car 5 years now yes? Why didn't you join the forum then? 

What kind d of service history does your car have? Lexus history or independent?

You say the PSC light xame on and steering gone stiff? You say you checked Battery and alternator? How old is the Battery? How gave you checked the alternator?

I had the same problem. Battery seemed fine. I even bought a new one. The problem was the alternator. I had to get a new one as it wasn't charging properly. My car now runs as sweet as it was like new. It won't be cheap to replace the alternator but with the age of the car aswell you really do need to get a new alternator fitted.

• Like 1

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your reply, first no lexus  history just indipendant service by myself. Alternator had issues which was checked by

electrician and replaced origional new parts, got new Battery same time from Euro car parts with 7yrs warranty gud type, which i

also took back to be retested as was on warranty, but came back good.  got mechanic to scan  the code i got was C 1554, so tried to change the ECM. but no joy. still the same.

Thanks

Naikey

• Like 1

Hi Naikey. I suggest you post your problem in the gen 2 IS section where you stand a very good chance of replies and ideas.

I can't think of anything as you say you've got a newish Battery and alternator. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 12:07 PM, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Mohamed and welcome to the forum. You've had your car 5 years now yes? Why didn't you join the forum then? 

What kind d of service history does your car have? Lexus history or independent?

You say the PSC light xame on and steering gone stiff? You say you checked battery and alternator? How old is the battery? How gave you checked the alternator?

I had the same problem. Battery seemed fine. I even bought a new one. The problem was the alternator. I had to get a new one as it wasn't charging properly. My car now runs as sweet as it was like new. It won't be cheap to replace the alternator but with the age of the car aswell you really do need to get a new alternator fitted.

hi,

thanks for reply , the alternator on idle  it showing me 14.4 volts and had new Battery fitted which had 7 yrs warranty, took back 

from where i boug.ht it after 3 days test and the told me its fine, nothing wrong with it. am now confused as all the fuses are gud.

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links