Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TMPS can't see pax side sensors

Hi Everyone,

My GS450h alarmed with the TPMS a little while ago, so I ordered another sensor ( BH Sent which works on the right freq.) and had it replaced at the garage. When they checked the OBD it was alarming for 2 positions so I ordered another (Autel MX-433) and had the 2nd one replaced. Cleared the codes and on the next drive of reasonable length (2 hrs) it alarmed after about an hr. I have since sorted TechStream so had a look and the same two sensors were alarming. Tried to re-initialise, no change. Tried to register them, no change. TechStream is not seeing any data from the sensors but they appear to have registered no problem. I've tried dropping the pressures on the two suspect wheels and TS doesn't see a change and neither does the cars TPMS. I replaced a sensor with one made by Ultra Power (TPM82A) back in 2020 and it swapped out no problem, didn't need initialising or registering. Am I missing something or do I have a fault other than unsuitable sensors ?  

IMG_0831.PNG

Think I've found the issue - despite both sellers saying that these two sensors (Autel and BH Sensors) fitted my car and worked on the right freq, it appears the original one which swapped out no issue (Ultra Power) is a 315 MHz, but the other two are 433 MHz 🙄 will try a couple of different sensors on the 315 MHz freq. and see what happens. 

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got hold of toyota OEM TPMS, just had it replaced, and if anything things are now slightly worse. It won't clear the codes, whereas it did allow me before. The replacement toyota TPMS (42607-33021) has registered, but still no PSI/kPA reading.  Not sure whether to consider the receiver or the ECU next , has anyone had experience of a similar issue pls? 

A bit of progress, I butchered one of the old sensors and temporarily connected a 3v Battery, and the car registered it and picked it up right away. It's also a Pacific sensor. I suspect from a bit of googling that the new P/N (ending 33021) are also 433 MHz, the part number for the 315 MHz is 42607-30030 - apparently both the 33021 & 30030 are now replaced by 33022. Interestingly (depending on your perspective) 33022 is a 315 MHz unit, so perhaps 433 units will accept it, but my car hasn't accepted TPMS sensor which apparently cover both frequencies nor any 433 MHz units, so looks like its 315 MHz only for me to resolve the issue .

With the help of a friendly Lexus dealer I’ve got to the bottom of it. My car needs to the PMV-107J sensors which is 433 MHz.  I’ve tried the PMV-107K and they don’t work, and neither have any other 315-433 MHz alternatives , so I have to replace with the original P/N 42607-30042 or at least a PMV-107J and they seem to not be so common 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links