Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Seat Belt Warning Buzzer

Hi all, can somebody please advise?......I have the rear seat belt Buzzer/Warning come on randomly, with nobody seated, have had it in at Lexus Leeds & have been advised, with the rear doors being opened/closed more than normal, as the car is a minicab, this is normal for the sensor to go off randomly & have been advised to click the rear belts in, to which I think I have been fobbed off? 

Lexus IS300H 2019

Isn't 2019 car covered under warranty still? It definitely sounds like you been fobbed of even if warranty does not apply for some reason. 

Besides this is first time I am hearing rear seats have a buzzer, front seats sure - it will ping until you go mad, but belts in the rear not mandatory so I am a little bit surprised there is buzzer for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Isn't 2019 car covered under warranty still? It definitely sounds like you been fobbed of even if warranty does not apply for some reason. 

Besides this is first time I am hearing rear seats have a buzzer, front seats sure - it will ping until you go mad, but belts in the rear not mandatory so I am a little bit surprised there is buzzer for them. 

Exactly my thoughts, even charged me £95 for diagnostics & this is the 3rd service I have had since March, car only has 39500 miles. I think a call to Lexus UK is needed, for clarification.

1 minute ago, Javed said:

Exactly my thoughts, even charged me £95 for diagnostics & this is the 3rd service I have had since March, car only has 39500 miles. I think a call to Lexus UK is needed, for clarification.

The diagnostic charge varies from dealership to dealership. Mercedes do charge £165 so £95 isn't bad and the diagnostic charge would apply if the item isn't covered under warranty.

I have had the rear seatbelt buzzer go off sometimes. It usually is based on seatbelt position and if things have been left on the seat. Or underneath 

• Like 1

Yeah, in such case I would just claim everything under warranty, including the cost for diagnostics. It sometimes depends on how you approach them i.e. if you confident it is fault and it is covered under warranty and come saying "I just want to book car for warranty repair as there is fault with rear seats belts" they will probably just put it on warranty without much fuss. However, if you give them excuse by saying "I not sure what it is, maybe you can diagnose", then they may take chance to charge you (really they shouldn't, but such is life). Basically, they will take what is the lowest hanging fruit. 

I would probably contact the dealer before going to Lexus GB and just say that I would have expected for this to be covered under warranty and looking to clarify it with Lexus GB, just as a hint to let them sort it.

Whenever it is or it isn't covered under warranty, that will requires deep dive into small print. When I had my seat motors fail on RC it was covered under warranty, so I can't see why seat belts wouldn't be. I guess they could try to fob you off by saying it is "electrical", but actually I would consider them to be "safety" as if seatbelt warning is displayed airbags would not deploy (I am not 100% sure if that applies for rear passengers as they most likely only have curtains).

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The diagnostic charge varies from dealership to dealership. Mercedes do charge £165 so £95 isn't bad and the diagnostic charge would apply if the item isn't covered under warranty.

£95 would be half of hourly diagnostics fee which is usually £190 for Lexus (although I was told £180, £185 and £189 depending on occasion).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

I have had the rear seatbelt buzzer go off sometimes. It usually is based on seatbelt position and if things have been left on the seat. Or underneath 

nothing on the seat or underneath, also seat belts are in the retracted/rest position but if you switch off & switch back on its ok for a few hours or even days?  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just returned from the dealers & they cannot find any codes for the seat belt buzzer .....been advised to bring it in as & when it happens, which will be a little bit tricky for a minicab😂......I have told them I will video  & forward it, when it next occurs.

Also had front & rear brakes cleaned & lubed up

• 1 month later...

Hi, all, well I've, had a result, after I recorded it & forwarded the video to the service dept, heard nothing at all for approx 10 days.

I then got a mate to have a word with the Dealer Principle to advise him of the issue & would they sort it or do I need to speak with Lexus UK.....& guess what it was booked in again within 2 days & both rear door courtesy light switches, replaced & they also discovered seat belt stalk with an issue, which was on back order, which was replaced on Thursday just gone & hey ho issue sorted!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links