Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is300h f sport 2015 vs 2018

Screenshot_2022-09-25-09-07-32-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.f6db8e42a5f48eae19931c05fb197a9c.jpgHi Guys

I am currently torn between two is300h f sport models with quite a significant price difference between them.

Both cars are from the same lexus dealer and have nearly identical mileage. 

I was wondering if it is worth spending the extra €10k on the younger facelifted model. It's the difference between owning the car outright vs having a small loan.

Each car has its own merits on paper,

2015 - better colour combo (black, red leather - I personally love it) mark levenson sound system, alot less expensive.

2018 - longer warranty with Lexus relax, improved external styling (although pre face lift still great), better steering + suspension (according to Lexus/reviews), upgraded nav.

Any advice(especially from anyone who has owned/driven both variants) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Screenshot_2022-09-25-09-08-02-12_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

If the 2015 car is the one that appeals to you, then you will probably be given 12 months initial warranty with its purchase and you can then at your cost extend it until 2025 or 150,000 miles !

A no -brainer it seems to me.

Good luck.

The 2015 actually qualifies for a 2 years warranty as it's 7 years old (any older and Lexus Ireland reduces this to 1 year) so there is peace of mind there. I just was wondering if I would be missing out by not going for the facelifted model?

I have a 2015 pre facelift car with 50,000 miles and it still feels new. I once had the facelift car as a curtesy car and it didn’t seem any different apart from the speed limit sign recognition not working properly.  The pre facelift does not get the safety tech which does not always work as it should. The ML would also tempt me towards the 2015. 
The 2018 seems expensive compared to the 2015 and if you prefer the colour of the 2015 I wouldn’t worry about the age 10,000 euro would buy a lot of extended warranty. 

36 minutes ago, pearse said:

The 2015 actually qualifies for a 2 years warranty as it's 7 years old (any older and Lexus Ireland reduces this to 1 year) so there is peace of mind there. I just was wondering if I would be missing out by not going for the facelifted model?

I`m not knowledgeable to help you in that regard Pearse. Paul has offered you some comment.

John

1 hour ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

I have a 2015 pre facelift car with 50,000 miles and it still feels new. I once had the facelift car as a curtesy car and it didn’t seem any different apart from the speed limit sign recognition not working properly.  The pre facelift does not get the safety tech which does not always work as it should. The ML would also tempt me towards the 2015. 
The 2018 seems expensive compared to the 2015 and if you prefer the colour of the 2015 I wouldn’t worry about the age 10,000 euro would buy a lot of extended warranty. 

Hi Paul

Thanks for the advice. The 2015 certain represents much better value and has the spec I want. Good to know that there isn't much difference in the drive between the two

• Like 1

I have a 172 F Sport, I actually bought it 3 years ago off the same dealer as you are looking at now.

I would buy the black one, these cars are bulletproof. I had 42k miles on mine when I bought it and now 120k miles. Not even a bulb has been changed.

The black one is a really nice looking car and you get to keep 10k in your pocket.

The differences in external styling are not noticeable on a black car. Actually the changes to the front bumper don't suit the colour white imo.

The changes to the suspension are barely noticeable. The F Sport does ride a lot harder than the conventional model, just something to be aware of.

Best of luck and after 3 years I am still in love with mine just as much as the first day I picked it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kermitpwee said:

I have a 172 F Sport, I actually bought it 3 years ago off the same dealer as you are looking at now.

I would buy the black one, these cars are bulletproof. I had 42k miles on mine when I bought it and now 120k miles. Not even a bulb has been changed.

The black one is a really nice looking car and you get to keep 10k in your pocket.

The differences in external styling are not noticeable on a black car. Actually the changes to the front bumper don't suit the colour white imo.

The changes to the suspension are barely noticeable. The F Sport does ride a lot harder than the conventional model, just something to be aware of.

Best of luck and after 3 years I am still in love with mine just as much as the first day I picked it up.

Thanks for your reply, yeah the opinion is definitely in favor of the 152 model, which if I'm honest I was hoping for. The extra €10k doesn't look like it's buying much beyond a younger number plate. 

As for the F sport suspension being harder than the regular suspension, I'm not put off. My previous car was a BMW 420d M Sport on 19" wheels and I didn't mind it at all (although the Mrs did 😂). 

16 hours ago, pearse said:

Thanks for your reply, yeah the opinion is definitely in favor of the 152 model, which if I'm honest I was hoping for. The extra €10k doesn't look like it's buying much beyond a younger number plate. 

As for the F sport suspension being harder than the regular suspension, I'm not put off. My previous car was a BMW 420d M Sport on 19" wheels and I didn't mind it at all (although the Mrs did 😂). 

You will find the F Sport more supple in comparison.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links