Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - Intro

Greetings everyone. Hope you are all well. Allow myself to introduce myself. 😄

I am from Hampshire and am looking to get an IS-F. I currently have a Subaru Forester STI that I've had since it was imported into the UK some six years ago. I've done a few mods to it and is where I wanted it to be. So it's pretty well sorted and is a blast on road trips. I've been to Wales a few times in it-most recently being earlier this week for a three dayer, the Alps where it dominated the slopes and it's been on track at Castle Combe. It's time for a change and I can only think of one car I'd like to replace the Fozzy with. That being the V8. It's an itch that I need to scratch. 

I will asking pertinent questions about the cars failure points and good bits, in the hope of finding a good one so please bear with me. I read that the (ron) Burgundy IS-F sold via eBay recently. I was watching it and would have loved own it as I love the colour. Here is a picture of my FSTI for your consideration. The last image was at Caffine and Machine last Christmas that was featured in the Pistonheads Sunday service article....

Look forward to speaking with you. 

Speedlines.jpeg

Grimsall pass.JPG

InkedSun.jpg

InkedC&M SS.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome! 🙂

Nice looking motor you have there.  Always did like the Forester for its blend of practically and performance.

Any particular reason for the change, so is it just time?  Good choice with the IS F either way 🙂

Hampshire is the place to be for F-cars! I know of at least 2 IS F's that frequent the North Hants area, unsure if members though. Plenty of members on here to answer questions, there are only a few known issues that I can think off the top of my head, but I'll let those more in the know speak up when the time is right!

Very briefly thought of having a Forester as my dog-mobile, but was put off by a few friends who were previous owners and didn't rate them for reliability and ease to work on DIY style, so it was shuffled down the hopeful list. An alloy wheel refurb place I use has one and it looks and sounds (very destinctively like a Scooby) amazing.

Happy hunting for your F car 🙂

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Welcome! 🙂

Nice looking motor you have there.  Always did like the Forester for its blend of practically and performance.

Any particular reason for the change, so is it just time?  Good choice with the IS F either way 🙂

I've had the Foz for 6 years now and I've done what I've wanted to do with it. But I've been pondering what I'd want next as it's so capable in all weathers-as a few Wales road trips have proved. It's an A and B road weapon. I daily drove it for the first three or so years and loved it. It was during the 'cheap' fuel times though....Then I had the use of a daily driver which meant I could use the Foz for the weekends, trips and to address some things I wanted done. 

Reliability wise it's never let me down. All the known issues have been sorted and upgraded as and when needed. On my first Wales road trip the plastic rad top decided to lose it's purchase on the alu core and it leaked coolant in the engine bay. It didn't cause a breakdown but I was hyper aware of the fluid levels. Was it specific to the Foz? No as the plastic tops of the OEM rads do separate at a certain mileage....that being approx 90K. A friend of mine with a FSTI had his rad go the exact same mileage! 

It's a perfect dog wagon. Surprised to see soo many of them in the Alps being used on the hills. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links