Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Shifter

morgan_sa

35 minutes ago, morgan_sa said:

Does anyone know of a short shifter kit that's available here? So far I've seen an F-Sport kit (although discontinued), and another produced in the US, unless I'm missing something else?

They weren't really a big thing over here, unlike with the series I IS200 - mainly because most IS250s were autos. Rare things to find these days, and a bit of a pain to fit.

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

They weren't really a big thing over here, unlike with the series I IS200 - mainly because most IS250s were autos. Rare things to find these days, and a bit of a pain to fit.

Thank you; I had a TRD shifter in my IS200 and I think it definitely transformed the car.

18 hours ago, morgan_sa said:

Thank you; I had a TRD shifter in my IS200 and I think it definitely transformed the car.

IS250 has the same gearbox as GT86.. I'd give a gt86 short shifter a go. 

38 minutes ago, H3XME said:

IS250 has the same gearbox as GT86.. I'd give a gt86 short shifter a go. 

I saw a thread on a US forum where someone had fitted a GT86 TRD shifter, but had to remove it as they were having trouble shifting into gears; I'm not sure if I want to risk ending up with the same result.

26 minutes ago, morgan_sa said:

I saw a thread on a US forum where someone had fitted a GT86 TRD shifter, but had to remove it as they were having trouble shifting into gears; I'm not sure if I want to risk ending up with the same result.

I wonder if it's something to do with the position of it. 86 is dead straight, but you know when you're for example in 3rd in your 250, it looks like you're in 5th. The gearstick is way to the right if you know what I mean.

11 minutes ago, H3XME said:

I wonder if it's something to do with the position of it. 86 is dead straight, but you know when you're for example in 3rd in your 250, it looks like you're in 5th. The gearstick is way to the right if you know what I mean.

I think that's probably the reason, although looking at the TRD shifter it does appear to have a slight bend; the IS250 kit I've seen so far (produced in the US) appears to require installation from underneath the shifter, but at $390 plus import taxes I don't think I'm ready to take a leap that far just yet 😅

1 minute ago, morgan_sa said:

I think that's probably the reason, although looking at the TRD shifter it does appear to have a slight bend; the IS250 kit I've seen so far (produced in the US) appears to require installation from underneath the shifter, but at $390 plus import taxes I don't think I'm ready to take a leap that far just yet 😅

Don't bother is my opinion. It's far from a bad shift feel for a non sports car. There are better/other things you can do to improve the general feel of the car. The bushes below transform the steering feel. As for gearbox, I'd consider going for a solid flywheel when you eventually change the clutch. 

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/hardrace-is250-350-gs350-450-front-lower-control-arm-bushing-harden-rubber-2pcs-set.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5P2aBhAlEiwAAdY7dBTO8GkKr4EnXXeF_12pXDiMtovuZQ4Nj0VTeDmPi8C0Av-2b4cV9BoClQgQAvD_BwE 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links