Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450 tyres

Truffles

Hi

I new to forums can anyone tell me what are the best all round tyre for a/015 450rx luxury,

I find the car is a bumpy ride.

bridgestone on the rear and Mitchellen on the front.

thanks

JJ

Hi, I'm also new to the RX and while I love the car, initially I found the ride more harsh on uneven or poorly finished surfaces than I expected, even with air suspension fitted. My 2010 model came with a set of newish but cheapo off brand tyres (RoadX)which I blamed for the crashy ride. Lots of research later, spent about £600 on 4 Goodyear Efficient Grips as they are reviewed as having a good mix of low noise and high wet grip. It was worth it, they are much better but not a magic cure, its just the character of the car. Superbly quiet and smooth on good roads, not quite so happy on the choppy crazy paved tarmac that is the norm in UK commuter/urban areas.

• Like 1

Hi JJ,

You'll have a few responses on this question, a good many of us finally settle on Michelin Cross Climates.

When we bought our car three years ago it was shod in Dunlop SP Sports, - not a particularly pleasant experience tbh. I raided my cats piggy bank and treated the car to new Cross Climates. Deep joy.

I'm very happy with the Cross Climate SUV's too. They're not only quieter and more comfortable than the mix I inherited, but also handle the snow and wet very well too.

Fiddling around with the tyre pressure a little will also improve the ride,  although at the possible expense of tyre wear.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links