Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Common as muck....

Ruffle

... these Black Inspiration series. This must be at least the third one on this august forum :-) :-) :-) 

Mine's apparently left the factory, well ahead of schedule, and according to my dealer should be here in mid-December. I'm getting quite excited!

Now... my dealer is offering me the "Lexus Complete Wheel Protection" for £499 but I can't find anything in the UK about this. There is a US Lexus page about a product of the same name but that only seems to cover a wheel if it won't hold air and doesn't cover other damage like kerbing.

Has anyone else taken this and what does it cover?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ruffle said:

... these Black Inspiration series. This must be at least the third one on this august forum 🙂 🙂 🙂

Mine's apparently left the factory, well ahead of schedule, and according to my dealer should be here in mid-December. I'm getting quite excited!

Now... my dealer is offering me the "Lexus Complete Wheel Protection" for £499 but I can't find anything in the UK about this. There is a US Lexus page about a product of the same name but that only seems to cover a wheel if it won't hold air and doesn't cover other damage like kerbing.

Has anyone else taken this and what does it cover?

TYRE & ALLOY POLICY DOCUMENT.pdf

I have not heard about "Complete Wheel Protection" but my dealer did offer 'Lexus Tyre and Alloy Protection'.  policy document attached for reference.  This was offered to me at £399 Inc. as shown on my vehicle quote in May 2022 and before the mid year price increases.  Hope this helps.

@Hillie Thanks for that. I hope it's not what the dealer's offering me as £150 max repair/replacement cost isn't going to cut the mustard with the 21" wheels. I have asked my dealer for the policy docs but nothing's shown up yet.

Ditto - offered to me, I took it, then requested a refund as our alloys would not be covered (if they are the chrome type, black inspiration are painted so are probably okay).

Also - it’s not a Lexus product but a 3rd party, that wasn’t made clear to me. I like the idea of a one stop shop and dealing with the dealer not an independent 3rd party….

when i made enquires  about having the 21" wheel repaired  there was only a couple of places in the country that could do them, at the time ( 2 years ago ) it was £175 for a smart repair that was not noticeable from 1meter away, or a full refurb at £750. in both cases the wheel had to be sent to them, the turn around time was 5/6 days for the smart repair and 9/10 days for the complete  refurb.  

• Like 1

On the refurb, Lexus Leicester used the place in Coventry on my car. They are as good as new. The company needed about a week though. That is where I will go directly now if I have issues.

• Like 1

The wheels are circa £2500 EACH. To have them professionally refurbed if you kirb them will typically cost £250-300 each. The offer is for mobile wheel restorers who come out to you. I wouldn't let any of them get anywhere near the 21' beauties fitted to our cars. 

20221110_074427.jpg

• Like 3

so £10/12500 just for the 4 or 5 wheels  .  WOT a load of nonsense ....  must be totally barmy having a car with such a liability, responsibility built in from new........ 

Poor Lexus conceptually methinks

Malc

Strange answer given the value of the car and relatively low production volume.

For reference, a 15" alloy for my 1988 Rx7 was over £500 new back in 2001 - so it's not massively out of kilter.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:31 PM, BrettMRC said:

For reference, a 15" alloy for my 1988 Rx7 was over £500 new back in 2001

purchasing power equates to about £975 today  ........... 

Malc

Just to complete the circle... my dealer's finally managed to get a policy document for the "Lexus Complete Wheel Protection" offering which a) turns out not to be a Lexus thing at all and b) has a limit of £150 per repair up to a maximum of 10 repairs and a limit of £150 contribution to a replacement wheel.

Given that I've only kerbed one wheel in my life but have managed to break two expensive alloys (a 6' 2x4" timber shot out from underneath the car in front and I went straight over it) this doesn't sound like a good deal so I won't be taking them up on it.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links