Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth pairing

Paul weeks

Hi, could anyone tell me the procedure for pairing a phone with my S.C 430  2004 reg ? I believe it to have Bluetooth capability as it has buttons under the steering wheel ( l/h s ). And it shows a message Bluetooth not connected.  I have looked in the manuals but can find no information on how to pair. Any help will be much appreciated.

• Like 2

Hi Paul

Yes from 2005 models onwards all have Bluetooth phone capability. 

The system is integrated through the sat nav system and it is straightforward to follow the set up procedure.

Be aware that this is a quite old system and it showing its age now despite being state of the art at the time they were being fitted. 

Anthony

4 hours ago, Paul weeks said:

Hi, could anyone tell me the procedure for pairing a phone with my S.C 430  2004 reg ? I believe it to have Bluetooth capability as it has buttons under the steering wheel ( l/h s ). And it shows a message Bluetooth not connected.  I have looked in the manuals but can find no information on how to pair. Any help will be much appreciated.

I thought Bluetooth was only fitted from 2005 on 🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Russ59 said:

I thought Bluetooth was only fitted from 2005 on 🤔🤔

That is my impression as well.  I have a 2004 and when I bought mine it had an old Nokia Bluetooth adapter that had been retro fitted. It didn't allow you to stream music so I fitted the SC430 mods one.  I don't have any buttons for Bluetooth on the side of my steering column only volume up and down and mode but if you have the buttons and are getting the message no blue tooth connected on your sat nav display I guess you must have one of the very first SC's  to be fitted with this feature.

If the vehicle has buttons on the steering wheel and starts it's pairing procedure on the sat nav system, then it would appear that it does have Bluetooth phone factory fitted.

Perhaps it was a 2005 spec vehicle and registered in 2004.

It's very interesting and if you weren't at the other end of the country I would have liked to compare the set up procedure between yours and my 2007 model.

Good luck,

Anthony

Found this on a different forum. I don’t know if this helps or not.

From the '06 Navigation Manual:

(a) Enter the Bluetooth phone
To use a hands-free system, you need to enter your phone in the system. Once you registered it, you can make a hands-free call.
1. Push the “INFO” button to display the “Information Menu” screen.
2. Touch the “Telephone” switch to display “Telephone” screen.
You can also push the telephone button to display this screen when the vehicle is stopped.
3. Touch the “Settings” switch to display “Settings” screen.
4. Touch the “Add Phone” switch to connect your cellular phone to the system.
5. When this screen is displayed, input the Passkey displayed on the screen into the phone.
For the operation of the phone, see the manual that comes with your cellular phone. If you want to 
cancel it, touch “Cancel”.
6. When the connection is completed, device name and Bluetooth Device Address is displayed.
You do not need to enter it in case of using the same phone.

I can't imagine it's much different for other phones vs. an Iphone. Once you find the Bluetooth on/off switch within your phone and then search for devices and once found, put in the code, you should be paired.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 3:46 PM, Lexiguy said:

If the vehicle has buttons on the steering wheel and starts it's pairing procedure on the sat nav system, then it would appear that it does have Bluetooth phone factory fitted.

Perhaps it was a 2005 spec vehicle and registered in 2004.

It's very interesting and if you weren't at the other end of the country I would have liked to compare the set up procedure between yours and my 2007 model.

Good luck,

Anthony

Hi Anthony

i will have another play tomorrow ( you may have already guessed Tech. Doesn’t come naturally ) I have been opening the settings page on my phone then on to Bluetooth.  Then menu on the car and the info button, it opened a menu, but on my phone it doesn’t list my car as available for pairing. I will have another play !

• Like 1

Hi Paul

It doesn't come easy to me either but I think of the satisfaction when I beat it!

I have a 12 year old (Lexiguy Junior) who is pretty good and last June at the SC430 meeting he went off on his own and paired a phone to a vehicle because the owners previous attempts had be unsuccessful.

20220319_125951.thumb.jpg.b89d64a49af2cddc34b88b95f7f6f445.jpg

Perhaps I need to send him round to yours.....lol. 

Anthony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links