Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Enquiring for a full service for my 2008 GS450H

I have emailed my local Lexus dealer in Cork asking information for booking the full service with replacement of the spark plugs and I specifically asked whether they would carry out the hybrid health check of the Battery pack and guarantee the Battery for 1 year/15,000 kms  and this below is their reply:

"Hi Sergio,

1. There is no option for service plan.
  2. Hybrid Battery check I included in service but there is no warranty after 15 yrs or 225 000 km.
  3. Courtesy car is available. It is free. Only thing that needs to be done is insurance. You can transfer your insurance for that day, or you can buy insurance from us. It is €15 per day.
  4. Service with spark plugs is Full plus service. Price for that car for service like that is around €650.

Service will take around 3 hrs.

Service will include: During the Full + Service our Experienced Toyota Mechanics -

conduct a Full Health check and Safety Service .

The engine oil and oil filter, Air Filter,

Spark Plugs are replaced.

The Brake Fluid and the Cabin Filter is replaced with this service. -

Your vehicle will also receive a free wash and a free vhc report 

Kind Regards,

Blaz Galic

Customer Service Advisor"

I therefore replied as follows:

"Hi Blaz,

thank you for your reply. As for point 2 I was wondering if you do the Battery health check by the end of this month my car would still be technically 14 years old, would it be eligible for the warranty of the Battery pack?

As for point 3 I can transfer my insurance temporarily to the courtesy car without problem, I only need the registration number. 

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Sergio Barrile"

I am waiting for their reply. Any thoughts are welcome.

My thoughts are that the service and price are about right, based on my last spark plug service.

As for the hybrid Battery pack, my understanding is that it is covered for up to 15 years or 150k miles, and so once you pass one of those measures it's no longer covered.

Even though it wont be covered, I'd be tempted to ask them if they'll do the health check so as you know it's still ok, for peace of mind, if it worries you.

11 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

As for the hybrid battery pack, my understanding is that it is covered for up to 15 years or 150k miles, and so once you pass one of those measures it's no longer covered.

15 years, unlimited mileage in the UK as long as you keep the Hybrid check up to date (ie every year / 10k miles whichever comes first).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, serbarry said:

So am I right saying that as of today's date my car should still be covered by the warranty if they do the hybrid check by the end of the year?

Yes should be, but looks like the policy on mileage is different in Ireland compared to UK.

Hi Sergio

My 2012 GS250 is due it's major 60k service next week. I've been quoted about the same by Jemca.

Apparently if I get it done before the end of the year the Lexus 'relax' warranty will still just about apply. Should be room to negotiate on this next year though given the low mileage on the vehicle. 

It seems a bit pricey but given how reliable this car has been and the fact it's only ever needed servicing and consumables changing... its worth investing in. 

Just a thought - well, two:

Could they squeeze in the Hybrid Health check to maintain the warranty on the Battery, even if they can't manage the full service?

Not sure, but perhaps a Toyota dealer can do a Lexus service for you? Up here in Dublin, the Toyota Dealer in Kilbarrack is still an authorised Lexus service location from when Lexus were sold there.

Hi Toby,

I think they could but maybe they don't want. In Cork the local Lexus and Toyota dealers belong to the same group i.e. Lehane Motors and the 2 brands share the same building even though with distinct logos and different showrooms and entrances but they have only one garage to service the cars so I suppose the same mechanics service both Toyota and Lexus models. I will try to go there in person tomorrow and I will ask them even though I don't think they will do it.    

I am just back from the dealer: apparently they do not do the hybrid check separated from the service anymore. I do not know if it is just this dealer or all of them. I have been quoted 696 euros for the major service (in the first email they had written 650 euros). I forgot to mention that they already told me that they will give me a Yaris as courtesy car. I had hoped for a Lexus but anyway...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links